[Stylist] I'd appreciate some thoughts

Chris Kuell ckuell at comcast.net
Wed Oct 9 15:54:48 UTC 2019

Hey Vejas,

Here are my thoughts on your story.

Sorry, but I'd pull the plug on this one.
Writing a good story about a character with multiple personality disorder,
or any variation of a psychopath, is very, very difficult to pull off. Fight
Club comes to mind, and I imagine Stephen King might have tried to tackle
it. I commend you for trying, but in my opinion (others may differ) I don't
think it's working well here.

Sometimes stories that seem great in your mind don't translate well when you
actually write them. In fact, I'm thinking of pulling the plug on the story
I'm currently working on, and I've already written over 4,000 words. My
story idea is a lonely, socially phobic woman has difficulty operating in
the world, but when she's working, doing hair and make-up for dead people in
a funeral home, she opens up and talks about her life and her feelings to
the corpses. Weird, yes, but I thought I could turn it into a good story.
But honestly, I don't think it's working. I might finish it and try to fix
it, or I might just file it away in the undone folder.

That's just the way it goes sometimes.

Chris