[Stylist] Writing at night

Chris Kuell ckuell at comcast.net
Tue Oct 22 02:09:06 UTC 2019

Bejas,

Firstly, not to answer for Jackie, but recording was possible in her time,
but not common. Reel to reel recording only became available to the
'commoners' (and it was quite expensive) in the 1950s. One example of a
great old recording is that of TS Elliot reading his poem 'The love Song of
J. Alfred Prufrock', which I think was recorded around 1920 (you can google
it(.

As for story ideas, I never get out of bed, and hence, they disappear with
my dreams. Some people keep a recording device near them, but if I were to
start dictating a story idea in the middle of the night my wife would get
irked, and nobody wants that.

I find I get ideas in the shower, and often I try to keep them going until
I'm finished and can jot them down. My most common idea generator is on the
treadmill, which I walk on daily and is conveniently located about 5 feet
from the desk I'm writing on right now.

Peace,

Chris