[Stylist] Schedule of Writers Division calls for week of April 20 through April 24

Shelley Alongi alongi.shelley at gmail.com
Mon Apr 20 19:53:33 UTC 2020

Good morning aspiring Writers’,

Well, it’s really good afternoon but habits die hard. Many years ago I worked with a man who greeted everyone no matter what time of day with the phrase good morning. The greeting was designed to get the attention of anyone passing the table where we would have discussions about God in Christ and anything else that came up. So even though I haven’t worked with him for many   Years, I still find myself saying good morning even though I know what time of day it is. I’m sure thisgets attention also.

Now to the business at hand. This is the schedule of calls for this week. Our first call Will Take PlaceTuesday April 21 at 11 AM central time. That translates to 12 PM Eastern, 11 A.m. Central, 10 AM Mountain, and 9 AM Pacific. We will try morning calls this week to see if we can catch anyone else. Our calls have collected people with whom I have not spoken for quite some time. I think if any indication of today’s zoom meeting with Pennsylvania is any indication that this new use of technology is opening up new opportunities for other people. Even though we are using the phone we take the same approach. By trying different times and offering the use of technology for connecting we are gathering other people together. And that is what  it it is about. Connecting.

So what will we talk about this week? Well, I can tell you that since I started these additional calls I have actually picked up the draft of my novel and started reading it. That is a good indication that I may finish it. The additional calls have also allowed me to go look up articles on writing and I am actually learning and getting motivated so I may even Finish it this year. I’m sure we as writers all have things that motivate us. Let’s talk about them. To join our call please dial 605-313-5637 and enter the access code 330803. If you can’t make the Tuesday call, please join us on Thursday, April 23 at 11 AM central and Friday, April 24 at 11 AM central. I know this Will be an interesting week. So plan on joining us and see what happens. You may even finish a story, a poem, a novel. Let’s connect. Have a great day and keep dreaming.

Shelley, Queen of Bells Out!
President, NFB Writers’ Division
Editor Slate and Style
See my self published books at Apple Books, Amazon and Barns and Noble