[Stylist] I'm New

anniecms64 at gmail.com anniecms64 at gmail.com
Sun Dec 6 19:44:32 UTC 2020

1. How do people make book-writing look so easy? Answer: It isn’t easy, it takes significant sweat equity, revisions, and a writing community to make it look like it’s effortless.

2. Does anyone know how to develop an idea from a title? Fiction and nonfiction. Answer: I usually don’t have a title, that comes after I’ve written a piece.

3. What methods, tools, and programs do you use for planning or plotting fiction as a blind writer? Answer: for tools, I use a laptop with JAWS, external keyboard and MS word. For the actual writing, I use either a skeletal or snowflake method of outlining, notes on characters, googling places, dates, locations and other historical references. I also blog regularly, write in small press newsletters and am a member of writing groups. I take part in free writing related webinars and read prolifically. I belong to the Nonfiction Authors Association, a great resource but it is a monthly fee service that helps writers. The Writer magazine is good to read and Writer’s Digest is good, too. I think one can read these online as blogs if not a paying member, they offer free info.   If you find you write mostly in one genre, it may be a good idea to look up membership organizations that support the genre, it could be a good way to network.

4. Are there any get-togethers outside of the monthly phone conference, something that is more frequent? Writing groups are found on the web, via email, one has to reach out and follow up on them. There is www.behindoureyes.org <http://www.behindoureyes.org>   and  writersretreat at groups.io <mailto:writersretreat at groups.io> , and others.

5. How do you decide what goes in your poetry books? Answer: I start with a larger selection than I really need, note themes, lengths, and start arranging. This is perhaps one of the most challenging parts of creating a poetry manuscript. An overarching theme usually manifests once you begin arranging.

6. How do you make a blog tour? Search for blog tour services online: I used www.goddessfish.com <http://www.goddessfish.com>  and it cost less than I thought.

7. What do you do with a mailing list of subscribers, as an author? I send out monthly updates, blog post links, and links to my author interviews. I also use it when releasing a new book or helping another author with their new book.

8. Do you make your own virtual events, like poetry readings and such? Answer: yes, I use a zoom account, but there is also facebook live  for this, too. After it’s recorded, I have someone help me edit it and add it to my website and blog and send an email about it to my list followers.

9. Do you self-publish or traditional publish, and do you have a team supporting you? Answer: I self-publish, but I do have a team to assist me. I have a website, blog,  FB and Twitter feed, and new email list to assist in building a fan base. Marketing  is the most essential and most difficult part of publishing, keep this in mind.

Ann Chiappetta, Author

Anniecms64 at gmail.com

` Making meaningful connections with others through writing `

914.393.6605

 <http://www.annchiappetta.c/> www.annchiappetta.com Facebook Annie Chiappetta

“We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us.”

*	 Joseph Campbell

I do have many questions. Some of them might qualify as rhetorical.

1. How do people make book-writing look so easy?

2. Does anyone know how to develop an idea from a title? Fiction and nonfiction.

3. What methods, tools, and programs do you use for planning or plotting fiction as a blind writer?

4. Are there any get-togethers outside of the monthly phone conference, something that is more frequent?

5. How do you decide what goes in your poetry books?

6. How do you make a blog tour?

7. What do you do with a mailing list of subscribers, as an author?

8. Do you make your own virtual events, like poetry readings and such?

9. Do you self-publish or traditional publish, and do you have a team supporting you?

I think that might be enough, for now.

Welcome!  Ask questions, our members will answer, we are here for mutual support.

Best,

Annie

Ann Chiappetta, Author

www.annchiappetta.c <http://www.annchiappetta.c/> om Facebook Annie Chiappetta