[Stylist] FW: Sharing an opportunity to get your work published

llambert at zoominternet.net llambert at zoominternet.net
Sun Jun 21 14:44:52 UTC 2020

Dear NFB Stylist friends,

I am forwarding today's issue of "The Weekly Avocet,"  - it comes out each
weekend in the e-mail box.

Today's issue gives you several opportunities to have your nature-themed
poems published - and one of the opportunities is for those who may take
photos as well.  Attached are the 2 versions  of this on-line literary
magazine.  This editor also publishes  a quarterly print magazine that is
excellent - very well done and a wonderful little magazine to get for
gifting.  I just ordered 6 to send to friends who I know would appreciate
poetry.  You can submit to that as well - It might be a good idea to get on
their mailing list for future opportunities if you are interested in
publication.

In particular Charles Portolano, the editor, gives great advice on how to
contact an editor if you are trying to get your work published.  Read what
he does with submissions that are not directly addressed to him, and do not
have personal  communications with him.   He gives some good advice if you
want to be successful in getting your work published in the future.

I hope all are well and enjoying the warmer weather - I've been preoccupied
for a number of weeks with my flower gardens and yard work - but today, I am
working in the office and will send out some poems to publishers.  This is a
good way to stay cool on a day that will be hotter than I like.  My gardens
are flourishing and the first of my lilies are beginning to bloom. I get so
excited when this all begins to take place.

One final tip from me - August is the best month to send submissions out -
while others are basking in the sun or romping on beaches on vacation,  they
neglect getting their work out during August. Several publishers have told
me that August is a very slow month for submissions.  So, maybe you might
want to  be actively sending out your work during August. See what happens!

Happy summer writing,

Lynda