[Stylist] Another essay published

Vejas Vasiliauskas alpineimagination at gmail.com
Wed Mar 4 17:22:51 UTC 2020

Hi Bridgit,
I read your essay, and thought it was very powerful and honest. When you're going through a hard time, it can be even more difficult when you question the validity of your feelings.
Your essay reminds me a lot of the material we're reading in my meditation and memoir English class. The memoirs we read are very short and only focus on one aspect of a person's life and how it affected them.
I also found it very interesting that you were told your prosthetic eyes would only be for cosmetics. I have two prosthetics, also known as conformers (very appropriate to your topic). I had my first when I was 3, but my other eye still had a bit of vision at the time, so I didn't get the second until I was 15. I was told that having one larger eye and one smaller eye would have caused me sinus issues later. But if I were the age I am now when I had to get them, and I was told they were just cosmetics, I'd have the same feelings you expressed.
I also really liked the shift between first and third-person to describe different parts of your life.
Vejas