[Stylist] Questions From a New Writer

Kelly yllekann at gmail.com
Fri Nov 27 19:37:28 UTC 2020

Hello, everyone,
     I have mainly written short stories in the past, which were easy to complete on my notetaker. However, I got a bit carried away during quarantine, and somehow ended up finishing a novel that I started in middle school. The draft has been passed between too many devices to count, so its formatting is interesting to say the least.
     I am attempting to turn it into a presentable Microsoft Word file to share with sighted friends and family members, but when I open it in Word and read it with JAWS, it skips right over every other page! Plus, I am not entirely sure what font size and style would be best; this poor document currently has sizes all the way from 11 point up to 16 point, with at least two different typefaces. I generally format my college research papers with 12 point Times New Roman (double spaced), but I know that's a rather formal and academic font.
     If anyone has any guidance on how I should format the file, or even how to get rid of all formatting so I can start from scratch, I would immensely appreciate it.

Thank you,
Kelly Cusack