[Stylist] Agenda for Writers Division Business meeting Thursday July 8 1 PM Eastern

Shelley Alongi alongi.shelley at gmail.com
Thu Jul 8 02:21:45 UTC 2021

Hey Writers :-) here is the agenda for the Writers Division Business Meeting tomorrow July 8. If you want to vote in our election, if you want to renew your membership, go to writers.nfb.org and click on the members page then on the PayPal link to pay your $10 dues. :-) Hope to see some if not all of you there. :-) Look below for the text of the agenda. Also, I forgot to mention the starting of our poetry group this year so I will mention it be ready :-)

National Federation of the Blind Writers’ Division Business Meeting Agenda
Tuesday July 8 2021
1:00 to 3:30PM

Officers
Shelley Alongi, President
Chelsea Cook, First Vice President
Treasurer: Shawn Jacobson
Board: Barbara Hammel
Web site: writers.nfb.org
Twitter: @nfbwd
Phone: (940)249-2517

I. Old business
Welcome and introductions
B. Brief outline of what we’ll accomplish
  Contest winners, elections, report of 2020 activities and future
  Contest readings, questions

C. How to join the division
What you get
  Experience, exposure, a place for resources and support
D. Minutes from 2020 meeting

presented by First VP Chelsea Cook
II. New Business
A. 2021
Contest winners
presented by Barbara Hammel
B. Elections
A. How they will occur
B. Introduction of officers to be elected
President any nominations
VP: any nominations
Treasurer: any nominations
Board: Barbara Hammel, Ruth Williams,
Tiffany Smith

Remind everyone of procedure. Dues must be current for voting members and officers running for election.
Elections run by VP first VP if for president.
If president is elected continue elections  beginning with first vice president and continuing

President continues elections

C. Presidential report
A. Brief statement of goals for 2019/21
A. ActivitieS:
  1. Slate and Style
  A. Contributors, 4 issues, goals
  Expose new writing, member writing, if you have experiences we want them
  2. Self publishing discovery and finding people and resources to support web site accessability
  Review the experiences of blind writers collected in last year
  Do we have national support on this? Not yet. That’s why it is a goal.
  C. Monthly meetings resources available through members
  D. What are you reading? We wat to know
Our main goal is to encourage your writing and your accomplishments
Continuing discovery and contacting those who can help make web sites accessible
The idea is to iscover resources for implementing change
Slow process help spread the word to help make self publishing sites accessible

E. Q and A
F Readings from the poetry contest for 2021
III. Ending Comments
  A. Comments from officers
  B. Thank everyone for coming
  C. Adjourn till 2022

Good reading and good ideas makes good writing—Shelley Alongi

Shelley, Queen of Bells Out!
President, NFB Writers’ Division
Editor Slate and Style
See my self published books at Apple Books, Amazon and Barns and Noble