[Stylist] Lynda McKinney Lambert - Newsletter

Vejas Vasiliauskas alpineimagination at gmail.com
Wed Jul 28 19:57:33 UTC 2021

Hi Jackie,
I hope you are doing well. I can't help with everything, but I didn't want to leave you unanswered.
When I write a piece, I would read it out using my Braille display. It's great that your mother learned to memorize poems, but I most definitely don't think you need to do that if you prefer not to, or find it difficult. If I didn't have access to my Braille display, I would likely record myself reading it in advance, and then present it. I like the Voice Memos app on my iPhone and, although I have not recorded on my computer, I would probably figure out how to do so if I did not have that option.
Also, I completely understand about the mind not being able to divorce the brain. I'm in a good place for ideas right now, but have been there before, and will more than likely they could run dry at some point. Are you into writing prompts? These can help, but are not always a guarantee. Another thing you could do relating to these images, is write about them. I had about a three-month period where I found it hard to write due to some circumstances. But when I decided to write something more openly about them, I then found it easier to have the space to write other things.
Vejas