[Stylist] (no subject)

jackieleepoet at cox.net jackieleepoet at cox.net
Thu Oct 7 18:42:52 UTC 2021

Sorry, no interest.

J. Williams

From: Stylist <stylist-bounces at nfbnet.org> On Behalf Of Stacie Leap via Stylist
Sent: Thursday, October 7, 2021 11:20 AM
To: stylist at nfbnet.org
Cc: Stacie Leap <stacie.leap at gmail.com>; LaToya Smith <info at 3stechnologiesllc.com>
Subject: [Stylist] (no subject)

Hello everybody.
My name is Stacie Leap. I am currently an intern for a company and we were on the discussion of comic books and its accessibility for blind people. I am not a fan of comic books even when I had sight so I am not really knowledgeable about the topic. Does anybody on this listserv read comic books? Is it accessible?
If you do not read comic books, is it because of it not being accessible? What would or should accessible look like when it comes to comic books?

One of the projects of the company, 3S Tech and Talent, LLC., is a comic book. The CEO is interested in making it accessible for those who are blind but (a) do not know if there was already a means to make comic books accessible and (b) if it is not, would blind people be interested in reading comic books if it is accessible?

She is willing to go through her entire comic book and alt text the frames but she does not want to do it if there is no interest.
The CEO of the company, Latoya Smith,is copied on this email if you wish to contact her directly but her email is info at 3stechnologiesllc.com <mailto:info at 3stechnologiesllc.com> .

. Any feedback is appreciated.

Thanks!

Stacie Leap, CPE, CPS

Stacie Leap, CPE, CPS

stacie.leap at gmail.com <mailto:stacie.leap at gmail.com>  | 215.776.6741

Board Member, National Federation of the Blind of Pennsylvania: Keystone Chapter

Cambodian (Khmer) Interpreter

Intern, 3S Technologies LLC

Mental Health First Aid USA Instructor

Volunteer, Eyes Like Mine INC

WRAP (Wellness Recovery Action Plan) Facilitator