[Stylist] (no subject)

Vejas Vasiliauskas alpineimagination at gmail.com
Thu Oct 7 18:59:10 UTC 2021

Hi Stacie,
This is really interesting. I have been blind all my life, and I'm not sure if I would be into comic books if I had sight. Growing up, my mom would describe the commics in the Sunday paper and what people were saying, but despite the fact that I eventually read completely on my own, I never sought them out and got into other genres instead. I was required to read two graphic novels in eighth grade and my dad found someone willing to transcribe them. She did a great job, but in order to understand the story it took lots of description.
I would be willing to look through an accessible comic and see what I think. Again, though, I think that to make a comic accessible would require lots of description. I would need to know who all the characters are and what relation they have to each other, and I would want to know what actions are depicted (for example, "Leo drops the water glass and it spills and shatters)." Hope this helps.