[Stylist] Having your story take place in the very near future

Vejas Vasiliauskas alpineimagination at gmail.com
Mon Oct 11 23:23:43 UTC 2021

Hi everyone,
I was wondering if any of you have toyed with writing something that takes place in the very near future (I'm thinking the 2030s and 2040s). The reason that I'm thinking about this is because even though I mostly write my characters in the present day, I wonder what their lives will be like when they get a little older.
I feel that in many ways, life will be similar, so people still driving cars, texting, and having the same hobbies. But there could also be further drastic changes (we only have to look to last year to think of that!)
Anyway, just curious about others' thoughts.
Thanks,
Vejas