[Stylist] Annie's March newsletter

Ann Chiappetta anniecms64 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 3 22:14:18 UTC 2022

Annie Shares News Issue 2.3 March 2022

anniesharesnews at groups.io <mailto:anniesharesnews at groups.io>

Subscribe: anniesharesnews+subscribe at groups.io <mailto:anniesharesnews+subscribe at groups.io>

www.annchiappetta.com <http://www.annchiappetta.com>

Hello readers, I hope you are well and thriving and your loved ones are safe and looking forward to springing into warmer weather. After a few slow months it’s party time --   🎈 🎉 -- beginning with a book launch and a new podcast.  Hope for the Tarnished <https://www.amazon.com/Hope-Tarnished-Ann-Chiappetta-ebook/dp/B09T6262RD/ref=sr_1_1?crid=ZLAIB4FB4URM&keywords=hope+for+the+tarnished+ann+chiappetta&qid=1646340999&sprefix=hope+for+the+tarnished+ann+chiappetta%2Caps%2C57&sr=8-1>  © 2022 is the debut YA novel and it’s available on Amazon in print, eBook and kindle. It’s also my first independently published book to be issues a catalog number so libraries Nationwide could order it in print and add it to the digital book collection. If you want to help me out, and are a library patron, contact <mailto:anniecms64 at gmail.com>  me to receive the information to request it. If you would like a review copy with the intention of reviewing the book as an eBook, just reply to this email.

🎙     I’ve been offered the opportunity to host a new podcast. Tune into your podcast player of choice and listen to episode one of Chat and Connect, a podcast for conversations about people with disabilities, society and culture produced by Westchester Disabled on the Move, Inc.. Go Here <https://wdom.org/>   to visit their website and find out more about this premiere organization assisting people with disabilities.

📜 Poetry and Tea 🍵

My poem, The Comfort of Chinese Food was chosen by Off-Topic Publishing to be distributed in a specialty print gift called the Poetry Box ™. I received my complimentary 5 x 8-inch postcard depicting a cup of tea    with my poem printed beside it. It was    nestled in a beautiful, wrapped package nestled alongside some delicious chocolate and tea samples -- and I could tell it was done with caring hands and perfect for framing. The best part is each subscription receives a monthly poem and goodies.     If you don’t know what to get that poet or literature professor    in your life   why not delight them with the gift of poetry? Go to:

www.offtopicpublishing.com/poetrybox <http://www.offtopicpublishing.com/poetrybox>

The Comfort of Chinese Food

By Ann Chiappetta

It was Lum Yen or Tung Hoy

Dad poured tea -- too hot to hold

too hot for lips. The dare of dipping a fried noodle into hot mustard

the eye-watering bite of horseradish     priceless

when he grinned

Now in the seat beside the window

my reflection is the partner

I order and stir a drink with the red

Umbrella. Tommy, the owner serves me. He is

a silver-temple surrogate.

I slide over the bowl of fried rice

reaching for the fork. He stops it

And offers the spoon instead.