[Stylist] My First Poem

Ann Chiappetta anniecms64 at gmail.com
Tue May 31 22:48:11 UTC 2022

Hi there-

After reading your intro, two points to ponder in this great piece: “Illumed” might get kind of stuck on the tongue when spoken or sung.  I would suggest another synonym more identifiable. I know it goes with the taste of the piece but it isn’t  a word most folks will know. Each word counts.

The Latin is a nice touch and it could be expanded to be repeated in English as a final line thus wrapping up the piece. Or it could be the title, “Fear no evil” or “To feel no evil” 😉

Take or leave my suggestions, this is your work and I am merely a peon of critique.

Best,

Annie

[Verse1]

Words from the waste-land, burned deep into my soul.

Spectors,  formless spectors, just spectors, nothing whole

[chorus1]

the Headless Woman Cri-ed, Sightless Eyes beHold.

the Nighttime Shadows Rise,  to Warn of Fate unTold.

[Verse2]

The spectors punish and taunt, cursing gendered rolls.

guilty,they found me guilty,    and cast  as man unwhole

[Chorus2]

the Headless Woman Cri-ed, SightlessEyes beHold.

the Nighttime Shadows Sighed, to Find a Heart so Cold.

[Verse3]

this midnight journeys tale, this tongue of fire's    told.

nears its destined end, despite grim furies hold.

[Chorus3]

the Headless Woman Cri-ed, Sightless Eyes illumed.

"non timebo mala", Years Pluck us From our Doom.

EndOfPoem:

Richard R. Thomas (Rick USA)

Sent from Mail <https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=550986>  for Windows

Ann M. Chiappetta, M.S.

Making Meaningful ConnectionsThrough Media

914.393.6605 USA

 <mailto:Anniecms64 at gmail.com> Anniecms64 at gmail.com

All things Annie:  <http://www.annchiappetta.com> www.annchiappetta.com