[Stylist] Introducing oneself to a new group

Shelley Alongi Christcrush at outlook.com
Thu Mar 16 22:03:34 UTC 2023

I’ve been a member of the same Book club for about four years and we’ve always excepted new members. Usually  what happens is we except the new members and then they fall out through life circumstances or other things so we don’t have to exclude new members because they end up excluding themselves. It was suggested to me by an acquaintance that I start a writing class. I was told by our librarian that a year ago someone else had started a writing class and no one attended. I would think it would be highly unusual for some group not to except new members.

Shelley, Queen of Bells Out!
President, NFB Writers’ Division
Editor Slate and Style
See my self published books at Apple Books, Amazon and Barns and Noble