[Stylist] reminder tomorrow book club

Ann Chiappetta anniecms64 at gmail.com
Mon May 22 15:26:32 UTC 2023

Announcing the Date for Our First Meeting of the Guide Dog Book Club

Date: Tuesday, May 23rd

Time: 7:00 PM EST via Zoom

Hello Friends,

Get those discussion questions ready and tails wagging because Sharon
Peters, author of "Trusting Calvin," will be joining us for the first
meeting of the Guide Dog Book Club!

Everyone is welcome to join. Whether you're a graduate, puppy raiser, or
friend of the guide dog community, we'd love for you to be a member of this
new group.

We are thrilled that Ms. Peters and other friends of the guide dog family
will join us to discuss this incredible book. We are also pleased that
Calvin's primary guide dog trainer will offer some recollections.

Prior  to writing "Trusting Calvin," Ms. Peters wrote a pet column for USA
Today called "Pet Talk." She was also a reporter for several papers
nationwide and Executive Editor of the Colorado Springs Gazette. A lifelong
animal lover, Ms. Peters' experience as an animal shelter volunteer and pet
columnist led her to meet Max Edelman, whose story is featured in "Trusting
Calvin." The rest, as they say, is guide dog history.

Currently, Ms. Peters operates a 501-C-3 nonprofit organization called the
Old Mutt Hut. It is a rest-of-their-lives sanctuary for elderly dogs who get
abandoned and whose prospects for being adopted are unlikely. She cofounded
this loving organization five years ago.

Below are the details for the book and the zoom meeting. Please feel free to
drop by, whether you've read the book or just want to hear more.

"Trusting Calvin: how a dog helped heal a holocaust survivor's heart," by
Sharon Peters

BARD book number DB 77282

ISBN: 0762782307

May 23rd Zoom Meeting information:

Join Zoom Meeting

<https://guidingeyes-org.zoom.us/j/84427559626?pwd=aEh4VkI5c0tTZEpRSEQyR3hsU
FY0dz09>
https://guidingeyes-org.zoom.us/j/84427559626?pwd=aEh4VkI5c0tTZEpRSEQyR3hsUF
Y0dz09

Meeting ID: 844 2755 9626

Passcode: 519478

One tap mobile

+16469313860,,84427559626# US

+19292056099,,84427559626# US (New York)

We've all witnessed firsthand the love and devotion that guide dogs bring to
our lives, so we thought it would be fun to explore guide dogs in literature
through this book club. We're looking forward to our discussion on the 23rd.
In the meantime, if you have any questions, please reach out to us at
<https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/h/1k3u5powzqbsl/?&cs=wh&v=b&to=guidedogboo
kclub at gmail.com> guidedogbookclub at gmail.com

Happy reading and wagging,

The Guiding Eyes Graduate Council

 <mailto:gebgradcouncil at gmail.com> gebgradcouncil at gmail.com

Below are additional Zoom details

Join Zoom Meeting

<https://guidingeyes-org.zoom.us/j/84427559626?pwd=aEh4VkI5c0tTZEpRSEQyR3hsU
FY0dz09>
https://guidingeyes-org.zoom.us/j/84427559626?pwd=aEh4VkI5c0tTZEpRSEQyR3hsUF
Y0dz09

Meeting ID: 844 2755 9626

Passcode: 519478

One tap mobile

+16469313860,,84427559626# US

+19292056099,,84427559626# US (New York)

Dial by your location

        +1 646 931 3860 US

        +1 929 205 6099 US (New York)

        +1 309 205 3325 US

        +1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)

        +1 301 715 8592 US (Washington DC)

        +1 305 224 1968 US

        +1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)

        +1 689 278 1000 US

        +1 719 359 4580 US

        +1 253 205 0468 US

        +1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma)

        +1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)

        +1 360 209 5623 US

        +1 386 347 5053 US

        +1 507 473 4847 US

        +1 564 217 2000 US

        +1 669 444 9171 US

Meeting ID: 844 2755 9626

Find your local number:  <https://guidingeyes-org.zoom.us/u/kbpeZ2gdIM>
https://guidingeyes-org.zoom.us/u/kbpeZ2gdIM

Ann Chiappetta M.S.

 <http://www.annchiappetta.com/> http://www.annchiappetta.com

Making Meaningful Connections Through Media

 <mailto:Ann.m.chiappetta at gmail.com> Ann.m.chiappetta at gmail.com

Blog:  <http://www.thought-wheel.com/> www.thought-wheel.com

914.393.6605

"Trust dreams. Trust your heart, and trust your story."

- Neil Gaiman