[Stylist] New story "The Terrors of Yip"

Shawn Jacobson sdj60259 at aol.com
Mon Sep 18 01:57:03 UTC 2023

Thanks Vijas, I will take these comments into consideration.
Shawn Jacobson
sdj60259 at aol.com

    On Sunday, September 17, 2023 at 04:12:18 PM EDT, Vejas Vasiliauskas via Stylist <stylist at nfbnet.org> wrote:

 Hi Shawn, I read both stories, and enjoyed them. I noted the gullibility of the main character... in both situations, he was talked into meeting the dogs he did. What I also appreciate about "The Terorrs of Yip" is that it seems like the main character grew a lot, whereas it didn't really seem like he had learned from the first experience.The escape... the agent coming to the rescue... seemed a little different in this one. Whereas with your first piece, it seemed like the agent had as much of a hard time escaping as the main character, and both their lives were at jeopardy, in this one it felt like the agent had the upper hand when she came. Just a few grammar errors that I noticed. For exampple, in the beginning, there should be a comma between "repeated" and "downloading." Another example would be "than a writing den" instead of "then a writing den."My only piece of constructive criticism relating to the content was that I was initially confused about how the 2 stories connected. The mother hadn't been introduced in the first story, and I wasn't sure if it was the same main character, or if the main character in the second piece was an admirer of the one in the first piece, "Dog Boy." I hope that makes sense. I figured it out later. One idea is maybe to have F'tima from the first piece take the place of the mother whom we hadn't met before. I hope that my feedback makes sense. Let me know if I need to clarify anything. Thanks, Vejas