[Stylist] Introducing myself

Cindy Scott-Huisman cindyscotthuisman at gmail.com
Mon Jun 3 00:20:06 UTC 2024

I attended the most recent Writer’s Division meeting and just received my first message on this list.

I became blind at 51 and joined NFB in 2020.
Here’s a little more about me:

Dedicated professional with over 30 years of experience in the art business, including extensive involvement in gallery management, event organization, and community engagement. Skilled in marketing, display, promoting, social media, and ad design. Committed to fostering education and appreciation of art while ensuring customer satisfaction. Proven track record of successful leadership and collaboration in both business and advocacy roles.

Experience:
Owner, Cantrell Gallery, Little Rock, AR
2009 - Present
Managed family-owned art and custom framing business
1989 - Present
Organized over 200 group and solo exhibitions, and hosted numerous events
Represented local and regional artists, while providing top-quality custom framing
Implemented successful fundraisers benefiting the National Federation of the Blind

Selected Achievements and Engagements:
Served on various art selection and acquisition committees, including for Hendrix College and Arkansas Museum of Fine Arts
Spoke at conferences and events on topics ranging from art education to sight-loss
Elected president of the Central Arkansas Chapter of the National Federation of the Blind
Appointed to the National PAC Plan Committee by the President of the NFB
Featured in media outlets such as Radio Western, Arkansas Democrat-Gazette, and Nation’s Blind podcast

Education:
Bachelor of Arts in Humanities
Hendrix College, Conway, AR
1988

Skills:
Marketing
Display
 Promotion
 Social Media Management
 Ad Design
 Customer Relations
 Event Planning
 Advocacy

Contact Information:
Cindy Scott-Huisman
Cantrell Gallery
8208 Cantrell Road
Little Rock, AR 72227
Phone: 501-224-1335
Hours: Monday through Saturday, 10:00 to 5:00

Life is short and dictation is faster — please pardon any errors.