[TAGS] Tags e-mail list.

Georgina Kleege gkleege at berkeley.edu
Sat Dec 2 19:38:44 UTC 2017

Dear Friends,
When we were all together at Enchanted Hills Camp, Cecile Puretz and I
described a project we’ve been working on at the Contemporary Jewish
Museum.  Here’s a link to the digital catalogue which includes audio
and video of my “Haptic Encounters” with the “Jewish Folk Tales
Retold” exhibit there:
https://folktales.thecjm.org/haptic-encounters

The audio is also available at listening stations around the gallery,
and there are Braille and large print materials, as well as a tactile
map of the exhibit produced by the Lighthouse.
I hope that those of you who have good contacts with museums will
share this information with them.  As we discussed at EHC, museums pay
attention to what other museums are doing.  Encourage your contacts to
do something similar in their own institution.
For those of you in the Bay Area, the CJM is holding a docent-led
touch tour and wine reception of the exhibit on Thursday, December 14
from 5-7 PM.  Unfortunately, the museum cannot let everyone touch the
work, but the artists have donated models and samples of their
materials for us to use as handling objects during the tour.  Please
RSVP directly to the museum:
access at thecjm.org

All best,
Georgina