[TAGS] Tactile Art Exhibit At Concord University Issues Call For Submissions

randolphc@kbti.org Cabral randolphc at kbti.org
Wed Jun 20 18:47:15 UTC 2018

 Dear Keri,

 We are excited at the prospect of having our Tactile Braille American Flag considered for submission and consideration.  It was designed and developed by our Institute's President, and today is among the very first monuments at Arlington National Cemetery, by way of the 110th United States Congress!

 The Tactile Braille American Flag was created with braille color symbols at the extreme right of each stipe allowing one to experience which stripes are red or white, as well as the five-pointed white stars on a blue field.

 The Pledge of Allegiance was added in Braille over the recessed smooth red stripes, opposed to the raised grainy white stripes.  The five-pointed stars are slightly raised, above the also slightly raised blue field.  The Pledge of Allegiance is also visible in print on the flag.

 A small key rest directly beneath the Tactile Braille American Flag that reinforces the information above.

 Some of the additional notable locations of the Tactile Braille American Flag are ground zero, the National September 11 Memorial and Museum, State Capitol buildings in Nashville, Tennessee, Topeka, Kansas, and numerous Veterans hospitals and parks.

 The Tactile Braille American Flag is also in virtually every school for the blind and deaf/blind throughout the United States.  An estimated 3,000 were developed for dissemination to students attending those schools this year alone.  Accompanied with the Braille flags are single-volume embossed copies of the Declaration of Independence and the United States Constitution, and Braille learning cubes.

 Outside the United States a framed version of the Tactile Braille American Flag was presented to Queen Elizabeth II.  A letter of acceptance and appreciation is on our website, the original hangs in our lobby.

 The Tactile with Braille version of the American Flag had been constructed in bronze, flash bronze, stone, heavy plastic mold, wood, thermoform, and paper.

 A recent publication that is generating wide interests is Flags Across America.  The book also bears twp pages of images and information about the Tactile Braille American Flag.

 We would be honored to learn that the Tactile Braille American Flag would be favorably considered for submissions and displays at Art Exhibits nationally.

 Looking forward to hearing back from you, and how we can arrange to have the Tactile Braille American Flag introduced for consideration and submissions.

Randolph Cabral, President
Kansas Braille Transcription Institute
P.O. Box 48091
Wichita, Kansas 67201-8091
316-265-9692  (Office)  9:00 AM - 5:00CST
316-265-0184  (Fax)
randolphc at kbti.org
www.kbti.org

"Alone we can do so little; together we can do so much." -- Helen Keller