[TAGS] Tactile paintings

Aishwarya Pillai aishwarya3711 at gmail.com
Sat Feb 9 06:13:38 UTC 2019

Hello Noel,

Thank you for your word of caution about the lacquer. I will look into
it and see how well  and safely i will be able to work with it.  As
for your question about my painting techniques, i make use of garbage
bags to cover the portions using adhesive tape so that only the
portion i intend to paint is exposed to me. Let me explain this with
"Caribbean Feast", one of the paintings i shared here.  The background
is divided into 3 horizontal portions.  The upper one is the sunset
sky, the middle one is the sea and the bottom one is the sand.  So
when i painted blue for the sea, i covered the portions of sunset sky
and sand with garbage bags. I then use horizontal strokes and coated
the area at least 2 - 3 times . i repeated the same to cover the other
two portions as well.  I am currently working on adding fine textures
to my paints so that one will be able to differentiate the colors in
the background. As for coloring foreground tactile pieces, i use
brush, fingers or sometimes even dip them into colors if necessary. It
was challenging in the beginning, but with practice it got easier and
fun to work with.  I do ask someone's feedback if i filled the colors
properly or not.
I'd love to know if members here have any other techniques.

With regards,
Aishwarya.