[TAGS] Online Art Workshops Hosted by the Museum of Contemporary Art, Denver

Valerie Alcaraz snowflake9587 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 12 02:29:49 UTC 2020

Hi folks, I hope everyone is doing well.
I have some news about 2 exciting events that are taking place at the end of this month to share with all of you.
The Museum of contemporary Arts in Denver has given my friend Rishika—from the Tactile Art Club—a grant to host 2 art workshops, one on the 22nd and another on the 26th, with more to come next Spring. The event is geared toward BVI teens, but she also welcomes anyone who is BVI, whether they are a teen or not. She anticipates that there will be people participating from different age groups. Since she does not have a Facebook account or access to list serves, she has asked me to share this far and wide. I will post the links to the events below, and you can read the description for each event before registering. Each session will consist of an art project and a special presenter, both of whom are blind artists. They will share their experiences and journey into the world of art. The supplies needed for each session will be shipped to participants at no cost, and the event itself is free as well.
So now, I send this off, hoping that some of you will attend if you feel so inclined, but also hoping that those who have connections to TVI's with students who are teens can spread the word so that more BVI students can delve into art forms that perhaps they've never been able to experience before.
Please forgive any typos or odd phrasing that I may have failed to correct. My phone's Braille Screen Input is acting a bit quirky.
Thank you all in advance for sharing this. As you can imagine, this is a bit time sensative as supplies will need to be shipped before the classes begin, so please, spread the word quickly and register if you like so you can get your supplies. For my international folks, unfortunately, I don't know if this is limited to the US, but I can certainly ask.
Here are the links:
https://www.eventbrite.com/e/mca-denver-teens-touch-create-studio-present-dynamic-drawings-tickets-124465197757 https://www.eventbrite.com/e/mca-denver-touch-create-studio-present-creating-with-clay-tickets-124458353285
Take care all, and stay healthy and safe.
Valerie