[TAGS] In the making: my new 3D tactile painting

Aishwarya Pillai aishwarya3711 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 7 18:44:43 UTC 2022

Hi all,
Attached is an image of my new 3D tactile painting titled 'In the
making'. It was challenging to paint the various color patterns
without eye sight especially for the tree, but glad I was able to do
it. Everything in this painting is accessible and can be touched by
those who are blind.
Description :
16X20 acrylic painting. The background has 3 horizontal areas; the
bottom one is dark green colored lawn, the center portion has tall
light yellowish green grass. and then the sunrise sky on the top with
blue color towards the corners while orange sun rays can be seen in
the center.
As for the foreground, there is a huge tree towards the right side of
the canvas while one of its huge branches bends towards the left. The
tree’ leaves and branches cover most of the top portion. There is a
swing hanging from the huge branch and a lady in a white sleeveless
dress and open black hair is sitting on it with her back towards us.
She seems to be looking at the sky. She has worn gold color bangles on
both her hands while she is holding a paint brush in her left hand.
Towards the left, on the lawn, there is a canvas placed on an easel.
The canvas has an incomplete painting of the same sky and the sun rays
that the lady seems to be looking at.

With regards,
Aishwarya.