[TAGS] seeking durable material for tactile maps

Matthew Gesualdi matt at tact-ed.org
Thu Jan 25 22:06:33 UTC 2024

Hey Cheryl,

I'd recommend cast acrylic for laser cutting. It's very stable and with solvent adhesion,  makes for strong pieces. Acrylic comes in different thicknesses and colors.

The colors are nice because you can have good color contrast without having to paint, which is better for overall durability. I've also used round and square acrylic rods to differentiate between structural and instructional features.

Matt

Matt Gesualdi
www.Tact-Ed.org (stay tuned for a new name and mission)