[Tall-Corn] National Convention don't forget to pre-register

Jerad S. Nylin jerad.nfbi at gmail.com
Mon May 29 04:46:39 UTC 2017

Greetings fellow Federationists,

Are you getting excited for our national Convention this July 10th thru the
15th in Orlando Florida? Have you made your hotel reservations at the Rosen
Shingle Creek? Have you pre-registered for the convention and banquet yet? I
cannot wait to see my federation friends and family at this year's National
convention of the National Federation of the Blind! I have included
important Details on pre-registration and hotel reservations below

If you are attending National Convention this year, please let me know the
best cell phone number and email address for you so that I can make sure to
inform you on details relating to the Iowa delegation such as if and where
the Iowa caucus will be held, information regarding the Iowa table, and
other important information as it relates to the national convention. I
would also like to know when you are expecting to arrive in Orlando.

Once again this year we will have an Iowa table in the exhibit hall where we
will be selling Iowa scissors, popcorn, along with hats for the southeast
Iowa chapter. We need people to volunteer to run the table in a shift of 3
hours. Karen Clayton is our coordinator for the Iowa table; please let her
know when and if you are able to work the table as soon as possable.  Her
phone number is: (712) 202-6325. I know that working the table is not at the
top of everyone's convention agenda, but it is a very important thing for us
as members of the Iowa Affiliate to take time to help with. The Iowa table
is a great way to get some much needed revenue in to the affiliate treasury,
so we can continue to help people attend national convention, state
convention, Washington Seminar, and provide programs in Iowa such as our
BELL Academy. Please find time to help with our table.

Reminder! pre-registration closes this Wednesday May 31st at 11P.M.  Central
Time.

The link to pre-register for the 2017 National Convention is Pre-register
online here <https://convention.nfb.org/>  or go directly to:
https://convention.nfb.org/

Hotel reservations.

Rosen Shingle Creek Resort
9939 Universal Boulevard
Orlando, Florida 32819-9357

For reservations you can call the hotel directly at (866) 996-6338

The 2017 room rates are singles and doubles, $83; and triples and quads,
$89. In addition to the room rates there will be a tax, which at present is
12.5 percent. No charge will be made for children under seventeen in the
room with parents as long as no extra bed is requested.

The hotel will want a deposit of $95 for each room and will want a credit
card number or a personal check. If you use a credit card, the deposit will
be charged against your card immediately, just as would be the case with a
$95 check. If a reservation is cancelled before Thursday, June 1, 2017, half
of the deposit will be returned. Otherwise refunds will not be made.

I am excited to see all of you in Orlando July 10th through the 15th. This
year's National Convention is sure to be full of information, surprises, new
friendships, fun, and opportunities!

Sincerely,

Jerad S. Nylin

President: National Federation of the Blind of Iowa

Email:          jerad.nfbi at gmail.com

Cellphone: (319)535-3723

Website:     www.nfbi.org

The National Federation of the Blind of Iowa knows that blindness is not the
blindness is not what holds you back.

<http://www.avg.com/email-signature?utm_medium=email&utm_source=link&utm_cam
paign=sig-email&utm_content=emailclient>

Virus-free.
<http://www.avg.com/email-signature?utm_medium=email&utm_source=link&utm_cam
paign=sig-email&utm_content=emailclient> www.avg.com