[Tall-Corn] Registration still open online, we need to know if you are attending the convention

Jerad S. Nylin jerad.nfbi at gmail.com
Tue Sep 26 20:32:47 UTC 2017

Good afternoon National Federation of the Blind of Iowa,

Thank you to all who have already registered for this year's state
convention. I want to remind you that we need to give the hotel a guaranteed
number of people for the food events by 5p.m. on Wednesday, so we would
appreciate it if you could get your registration in as soon as you can. If
you plan to register at the convention, please let me know that you are, so
we can have a more accurate estimate to give the hotel.

Our numbers are down from last year's convention, so this is why I am
sending this out again.

We have about 50 people registered at the time of this email. We want to
make sure that we have enough food for each event, so we don't run out.
Remember: to get the hotel rate, you must register for the convention, as
the hotel will cross check with our list.

The information for registering on line is as follows:

<https://www.eventbrite.com/e/national-federation-of-the-blind-of-iowa-2017-
convention-tickets-36986874738>
https://www.eventbrite.com/e/national-federation-of-the-blind-of-iowa-2017-c
onvention-tickets-36986874738

You can paste this into your browser for best results.

A few other convention reminders

Donations will be accepted to help with the recent hurricane relief:

When you pick up your registration we will have a donation basket for the
recent hurricanes that have impacted some of our Federation brothers and
Sisters over the past few weeks. Cash and Checks will be accepted with the
memo line noted Hurricane Relief and made out to NFB of Iowa.

Meals from the Heartland Community Service Project

Friday morning from 8:30-11:30 a.m.      -

Start your convention experience off right! Join the Des Moines Chapter to
have fun and help those in need by participating in this community service
project. We need at least 10 members to participate; all are welcome.
Project time listed includes transportation time to and from the event.
Contact Janae,  <mailto:janae.burgmeier at gmail.com> janae.burgmeier at gmail.com
to sign up or for more information

.

Participate in a research opportunity

Kyle Rector will present her research in designing, developing, and
evaluating accessible technologies that enhance quality of life. She will
discuss her previous work relating to yoga and art exploration, and talk
about her current research at the University of Iowa. To participate in her
research project go to:
https://uiowa.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_0cCoVOmd2rkz5fn

To learn more, visit http://kyle-rector.com or email her at
kyle-rector at uiowa.edu.

The National Federation of the Blind of Iowa will hold elections for two
board member positions Sunday morning. The two spots are currently held by:
Cindy Ray, Urbandale, and Tai Tomasi, Des Moines. Bob Ray is the nominating
Committee chair contact him at 515-334-7231. The other two members are Karen
Clayton 712-202-6325 and Sam Claassen, 319-899-8707.

Agenda

I have attached a copy of the agenda, as I've heard some people did not
receive it when I sent it out last week.

Door prizes

Chapters and individuals, please remember to keep the fun going by donating
door prizes for our convention! Bring your door prize and drop it off at the
registration table with a braille label on it.  Contact April Enderton door
prize chair, ( <mailto:alenderton at gmail.com> alenderton at gmail.com) with
questions.

I am looking forward to seeing you at our convention.

Sincerely,

Jerad S. Nylin

President, National Federation of the Blind of Iowa

Email:          jerad.nfbi at gmail.com

Cellphone: (319)535-3723

Website:     www.nfbi.org

The National Federation of the Blind of Iowa knows that blindness is not the
blindness is not what holds you back.

---
http://www.avg.com