[Tall-Corn] Courtesy Copy: Job Posting - Industrial Arts Instructor
Janice.Eggers at blind.state.ia.us
Wed Dec 19 14:46:07 UTC 2018
This is a courtesy copy of an email bulletin sent by Janice Eggers - DFB.
This bulletin was sent to the following groups of people:
Subscribers of DFB_JobPostings (198 recipients)
Having trouble viewing this email? View it in your browser here<https://content.govdelivery.com/accounts/IACIO/bulletins/2237670>
[Iowa Department for the Blind logo]
Industrial Arts Instructor
Salary: $48,672.00 - $74,131.20 Annually
Location: Des Moines - 50309 - Polk County, IA
Job Type: Full-time
Agency: 131 Iowa Department for the Blind
Job Number: 19-01353<https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/iowa/jobs/2299094/industrial-arts-instructor?page=6&pagetype=jobOpportunitiesJobs&utm_medium=email&utm_source=govdelivery>
Closing: 12/30/2018 11:59 PM Central
LinkedIn Tag: #LI-DNP
Point of Contact: Alan Bickell at alan.bickell at blind.state.ia.us<mailto:alan.bickell at blind.state.ia.us>
The Iowa Department for the Blind (IDB) is seeking an Industrial Arts Instructor in our training center. This person provides small group instruction in the non-visual skills of woodworking, metalworking, and home maintenance. We are looking for someone who is passionate about teaching, is willing to learn, has knowledge of woodworking and home maintenance, and has or can come to have a positive attitude toward blindness. We are looking for someone who is energetic, flexible, and excited about being a part of a hardworking and fun loving team.
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
* A general and wide-ranging knowledge of woodworking and metalworking tools in their use, tuning and maintenance needs.
* Excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to assist others in improving their problem-solving skills.
* Experience in laying out custom work plans for projects, including design, materials, and sequence of operations.
* Ability and willingness to organize a Shop environment.
* The ability to motivate, build rapport with, and explain concepts to students with a variety of life experiences, aptitudes, and learning styles.
Duties include but are not limited to the following:
* Provide individualized, nonvisual instruction to adults in all areas of industrial arts including, but not limited to: woodworking using power and manual tools, metalworking, and general home maintenance such as basic electrical, plumbing, and home repair.
* Provide instruction to multiple students working on different projects in a single class area.
* Demonstrate and promote a positive attitude toward blindness amongst center students.
* Evaluate student progress, set goals, and write progress reports within the case management system.
* Participate fully in all center activities.
* Purchase supplies for shop, and maintain classroom equipment.
* Expertise in the area of Industrial arts.
* Ability to develop lessons and curriculum.
* Ability to evaluate student progress and work with students to develop goals and objectives.
* Ability to explain information in a clear and concise manner to students with varying levels of technical knowledge and a wide range of educational and cultural backgrounds.
* Excellent judgment.
* Ability to handle stress.
* Ability to handle multiple tasks at once.
* Ability to identify and solve problems both independently and as part of a team.
* Good oral and written communication skills.
* Ability to use Microsoft Windows and Office Suite
* Ability to engage in limited travel.
* Thorough knowledge and understanding of the agency's philosophy of blindness and the ability to implement this philosophy in work duties.
* Willingness to participate in paid training and continuing education to obtain and retain non-visual skills.
* Ability to develop alternative techniques of Blindness and to maintain knowledge of past and current related practices and techniques.
It is the policy of the Department for the Blind to conduct background checks on all finalist candidates prior to any offer of employment. Applicants may attach a resume/cover letter to the online application.
Minimum Qualification Requirements
Graduation from an accredited college or university with a degree in human service-oriented sciences, education, marketing or business and experience equal to three years of full time professional work;
the equivalent of three years of full-time experience as a rehabilitation counselor or teacher shall be considered as qualifying provided the employee has successfully completed training to meet the certification criteria established by the agency;
an equivalent combination of education and experience, substituting the equivalent of one year of full-time professional work experience for each year of the required education to a maximum substitution of four years.
For additional information, please click on this link to view the job description.<https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/iowa/jobs/2299094/industrial-arts-instructor?page=6&pagetype=jobOpportunitiesJobs&utm_medium=email&utm_source=govdelivery>(Download PDF reader)<https://get.adobe.com/reader/?utm_medium=email&utm_source=govdelivery>
Iowa Department for the Blind
524 4th St
Des Moines, Iowa, 50309
Website https://blind.iowa.gov/ <https://blind.iowa.gov/?utm_medium=email&utm_source=govdelivery>
[A proud partner of the american job center network]
E-mail: information at blind.state.ia.us<mailto:information at blind.state.ia.us>
owa Department for the Blind
524 Fourth Street
Des Moines, IA 50309-2364
Stay Connected with the Iowa Department for the Blind:
[Facebook]<https://www.facebook.com/idbonline/?utm_medium=email&utm_source=govdelivery> [Twitter] <https://twitter.com/idbonline?utm_medium=email&utm_source=govdelivery> [Blog] <https://blind.iowa.gov/newsroom/blogs?utm_medium=email&utm_source=govdelivery> [Youtube] <https://www.youtube.com/user/IDBonline?utm_medium=email&utm_source=govdelivery> [Govdelivery] <https://public.govdelivery.com/accounts/IACIO/subscriber/topics?qsp=IACIO_30>
Manage Subscriptions<https://public.govdelivery.com/accounts/IACIO/subscriber/edit?preferences=true#tab1> Help<https://subscriberhelp.govdelivery.com/> [Bookmark and Share] <https://content.govdelivery.com/accounts/IACIO/bulletins/2237670?reqfrom=share>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Tall-Corn