[Tall-Corn] Pre-registration deadline Tuesday September 25, hotel room reservation deadline September 28th!

Jerad S. Nylin jerad.nfbi at gmail.com
Tue Sep 25 04:55:28 UTC 2018

Greetings, Fellow Federationists:

Our annual Convention of the National Federation of the Blind of Iowa is in
just over a week from the writing of this email. The convention will be held
October 5-7, 2018 at the Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites, Des Moines Northwest,
and (4800 Merle Hay Road, Urbandale, Iowa 50322).

Hurry hurry! Pre-registration closes tomorrow Tuesday September 25 at
11:59PM.

Registration information

Once again this year we have online registration and we would prefer
registration be done online, but as has been the case for the past few
years, you can still mail in your registration along with your check by the
end of the day tomorrow to: NFBI, P.O. Box 93071, Des Moines, IA  50393. To
get the discounted rate of $80 per night at the Holiday Inn, you must
register for the convention. Also, by registering for the convention you
will help the National Federation of the Blind of Iowa give a more accurate
count to the hotel.

What are the perks for pre-registering for the state convention? The biggest
perk is you save $5 off the cost of each food event you attend and the
registration fee, plus you won't have to wait in a longer line when picking
up your packet. Don't delay, pay today! After 11:59pm, all prices go up by
$5.00, but you will still have the option to register online!

<https://www.eventbrite.com/e/national-federation-of-the-blind-of-iowa-2018-
anual-convention-tickets-49777166846?aff=utm_source%3Deb_email%26utm_medium%
3Demail%26utm_campaign%3Dnew_event_email&utm_term=eventname_text> Register
online here, or copy and paste the below URL in your web browser.

<https://www.eventbrite.com/e/national-federation-of-the-blind-of-iowa-2018-
anual-convention-tickets-49777166846?aff=utm_source%3Deb_email%26utm_medium%
3Demail%26utm_campaign%3Dnew_event_email&utm_term=eventurl_text>
https://www.eventbrite.com/e/national-federation-of-the-blind-of-iowa-2018-a
nual-convention-tickets-49777166846

Extended hotel reservation deadline!

Hotel Information

Hotel room rates this year are $80.00 plus tax per night for standard and
king-sized rooms.  When reserving your room, please mention the below
information:

Group Name:  NFBI National Fed Blind of Iowa

Group Code:  NFB

Reservations Deadline: September 28, 2018

To Reserve:

Call: 515-278-4755

Click to:   <http://www.holidayinn.com/desmoinesia>
www.holidayinn.com/desmoinesia  and use the 3-letter code above.

If the hotel says they have no rooms left, please ask them to double check
the room block. If the issue is not fixed, please contact me at:
319-535-3723.

If you have any special dietary need, please contact Tom Topping at:
319450-5468 or email him at: thomastopping1996 at gmail.com by Friday September
28th at noon.

We need lots of door prizes to make the convention a fun time for all.
Please contact Mike Harvey with door prize questions. His information is
listed below in the convention committee information.

Resolutions needed!

The Resolutions Committee will consider resolutions at 7:00 p.m. on Friday
evening. Submit resolutions electronically to tai.tomasi8 at gmail.com by
September 30, 2018. You may also bring resolutions in final Braille and
written form to the committee meeting as long as there is provided an
electronic version.

  This year's convention will be packed with information and fun! We are
honored to have Scott LaBarre, the President of the National Federation of
the blind of Colorado, to serve as our National representative on behalf of
President Mark A. Riccobono.

Special meetings to note:

New at the 2018 National Federation of the Blind of Iowa State convention

Child care will be provided on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday of our state
convention for families who are interested. On Friday, your kids will have
the option to splash around in the hotel pool and play games with the Iowa
Association of Blind Students. Saturday and Sunday they will enjoy arts and
crafts, music, games, and much more during the convention's general
sessions. We invite all kids under 13 to join us for the fun!

Parents of blind children networking seminar

Calling all parents of blind children. We will be hosting parents of blind
children seminar on Friday the 5th from 12:30-5:00 PM. Topics being
discussed will include adaptive physical activity, activities of daily
living, library services, cane travel, a parent panel, legal rights for
students in k-12,   and much more. This will give parents the opportunity to
share experiences and connect with other families as well as professionals
in the blindness field. We encourage all families to stay for the remainder
of our state convention. Financial assistance is available upon request and
child care will be provided.

Saturday morning FREE working breakfast 7:00am- 8:00am

Are you wondering how you can help your local chapter and state affiliate
when it comes to fundraising?   If you can commit to spending an hour per
week, a conference call every quarter, and some fun in the community - we
invite you to register for and attend the complimentary working breakfast.

Committees for the 2018 convention:

Nominating committee chair: Bob Ray - email rjray at q.com

Resolutions committee chair: Tai Tomasi - email tai.tomasi8 at gmail.com

Door prize chair: Mike Harvey - 615-554-0695 email: mike.harvey149 at gmail.com

Convention coordinators: Sam Claassen, Tom Topping

The convention agenda will be coming out very soon, so please look for that!

I look forward to greeting you at this year's National Federation of the
Blind of Iowa state convention! Don't wait and get your pre-registration in
now!

Sincerely,

Jerad S. Nylin, President

Jerad S. Nylin, President

jerad.nfbi at gmail.com

319-535-3723

 <http://www.nfb.org/> www.nfb.org

<https://www.facebook.com/National-Federation-Of-the-Blind-Of-Iowa-372681823
082570/posts> Like the National Federation of the Blind of Iowa on Facebook

 <https://twitter.com/nfb_iowa> Follow us on Twitter @NFB_Iowa

---
https://www.avg.com