[Tall-Corn] Washington Seminar Reminders

Scott Van Gorp svangorp at nfbi.org
Fri Dec 20 03:04:03 UTC 2019

Good Evening Fellow Federationists:

Washington Seminar is quickly approaching! Here are a few reminders.

If you are looking for assistance from the affiliate to attend, please fill
out the Washington Seminar assistance form

here
<http://nfbi.org/2020-washington-seminar-financial-assistance-request-form>
.

The deadline for submissions is January 1, 2020 and decisions will be made
by January 15th.

If you are a student and you have a story  on accessibility barriers you've
faced in education and what the passage of AIM HIE would mean to you, please
submit it using

this Google form
<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSf68TacBetKMAHZcMhGJLmYgeWDIjjpSm9
Sz1OUwYKxzsIEAg/viewform?usp=sf_link> .

The deadline for those submissions is December 23, 2019, and the goal is to
get at least three testimonies from every state. This would really help our
work as we reach out to our congressional delegation on this important
issue.

You've no doubt figured out that AIM HIE is one of our Washington Seminar
priorities for this upcoming year. The other two are the Access Technology
Affordability Act and the GAIN act. More information about all of these
priorities, as well as fact sheets, will be available in early January, and
I will make sure the information is distributed.

 The deadline for reservations at the hotel in Washington D.C is January 8,
2020. For more information, please visit

https://www.nfb.org/programs-services/advocacy/washington-seminar

I'm looking forward to being part of a great Washington seminar, and I hope
you plan to join me!

 <mailto:svangorp at nfbi.org> Email

 <http://www.nfbi.org/> Website

<https://www.facebook.com/National-Federation-Of-the-Blind-Of-Iowa-372681823
082570/posts> Facebook
 <https://twitter.com/nfb_iowa> Twitter
Live the life you want.

The National Federation of the Blind of Iowa is a community of members and
friends who believe in the hopes and dreams of the nation's blind. Every day
we work together to help blind people live the lives they want.