[Tall-Corn] Don't delay, apply today!

Scott Van Gorp svangorp at nfbi.org
Mon Feb 25 00:28:30 UTC 2019

Hi Federation Family!

               Here's a reminder of some awesome scholarships that are
available on the national level. Both attending college and the National
Convention of the National Federation of the Blind can be expensive
endeavors; however, the cost is well worth it. There are scholarships that
can help.

               The first scholarship that I would like to highlight is the
National Federation of the Blind's Scholarship program for students. This
program awards 30 scholarships to blind students ranging from $3,000 to
$12,000. The finalists also get the opportunity to attend National
Convention. More information can be found at

https://nfb.org/programs-services/scholarships-and-awards/scholarship-progra

               The second scholarship that I would like to bring to your
attention is the Kenneth Jernigan Scholarship. This scholarship is awarded
to active members of the National Federation of the Blind who have never
attended a national convention. More information about this scholarship can
be found by visiting

https://nfb.org/images/nfb/publications/bm/bm18/bm1811/bm181118.htm

               When applying for both scholarships, I highly recommend
finding a mentor who has applied for these scholarships before and knows the
ins and outs of these. Pleas contact me if you are interested in applying.

There are a couple of deadlines to note. The deadline for the college
scholarship program is March 31, 2019. The deadline to apply for a Kenneth
Jernigan convention scholarship is April 15, 2019. Please do not delay on
either of these as there are specific steps that need to be followed when
applying, and I play an important role in both processes. The more time I
have to consider your applications and work with you, the better!

I look forward to speaking with you soon!

Let's go build the federation and let's pack the Iowa delegation at our
national convention with Kenneth Jernigan and national scholarship winners!

Cordially;

Scott Van Gorp

 <mailto:svangorp at nfbi.org> Email

 <http://www.nfbi.org/> Website

<https://www.facebook.com/National-Federation-Of-the-Blind-Of-Iowa-372681823
082570/posts> Facebook
 <https://twitter.com/nfb_iowa> Twitter
Live the life you want.

The National Federation of the Blind of Iowa is a community of members and
friends who believe in the hopes and dreams of the nation's blind. Every day
we work together to help blind people live the lives they want.