[Tall-Corn] Newsworthy items

Scott Van Gorp svangorp at nfbi.org
Fri Jan 4 01:59:15 UTC 2019

Good Evening Fellow Federationists:

I wanted to share some newsworthy items that came across my desk yesterday.
Please pay special  attention to the Washington Seminar and National
Convention room information. I'll be  sending the fact sheet information for
this year's Washington Seminar in a separate message so that we can all be
ready to contact our members of Congress about the three legislative
priorities I outlined earlier. I hope this message finds you all well and
ready to tackle the new year ahead for the National  Federation of the Blind
of Iowa. Now on to the news!

News:

Convention Hotel Room Block Open:
The room block at the Mandalay Bay is open. To make reservations for the
2019 Convention, you can call the hotel at 877-632-7800. The hotel will take
a deposit of the first night's room rate for each room and will require a
credit card or a personal check. If you use a credit card, the deposit will
be charged against your card immediately. If a reservation is cancelled
before Friday, June 1, 2019, half of the deposit will be returned.
Otherwise, refunds will not be made. The room rate is $99 for singles,
doubles, triples, and quads. Hotel and sales taxes are 13.38 percent and
8.25 percent, respectively. The resort fee (normally $37 a night) will be
waived for NFB Convention attendees. However, fees for internet access,
local and toll-free calls, and fitness center access may apply.

Washington Seminar Hotel Deadline Extended:
The deadline for booking hotel rooms for Washington Seminar has been
extended to Friday, January 4, 2019. You can call 877-572-6951 and reference
booking code NB8. You can also book reservations online on the Holiday Inn
Washington Capitol website
<http://ichotelsgroup.com/redirect?path=rates&brandCode=HI&regionCode=1&loca
leCode=en&GPC=NB8&hotelCode=WASSM&_PMID=99801505> .

Aira Plans:

There are now two Aira plans available to members of the National Federation
of the Blind only.

1.      Thirty minutes a month for $20.00

2.      One hundred and forty minutes per month for $99.00 (This plan
includes the Austria glasses, allows for minute sharing, permits purchasing
additional non-expiring minutes if one is running short, and lets members
get credit for referrals.)

Call an Aira agent (800-835-1934) to subscribe or visit the Aira website at
https://aira.io/nfb/.

Cordially:

Scott Van Gorp

 <mailto:svangorp at nfbi.org> Email

 <http://www.nfbi.org/> Website

<https://www.facebook.com/National-Federation-Of-the-Blind-Of-Iowa-372681823
082570/posts> Facebook
 <https://twitter.com/nfb_iowa> Twitter
Live the life you want.

The National Federation of the Blind of Iowa is a community of members and
friends who believe in the hopes and dreams of the nation's blind. Every day
we work together to help blind people live the lives they want.