[Tall-Corn] FW: NFB-NEWSLINE Service Interruption Information

Michael D. Barber m.barber817 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 13 20:41:37 UTC 2019

Dear Subscribers,

As many of you know, the NFB-NEWSLINE service has been experiencing some
stability issues over the last few weeks. Those accessing the service via
telephone would be the ones experiencing disruptions. This problem caused
some subscribers to get frequent busy signals, interruption of articles
being read, articles ceased to read and subsequently disconnected, and
getting notifications that their local or toll free number was out of
service. During this time, we attempted several diagnostics and instituted
some repairs, only to find that they were temporary or did not work as
intended.

In order to streamline the restoration of the service to the high quality
our subscribers expect, we will be investing in replacement telephone server
equipment. This new hardware is expected to be installed during the week of
June 17th. During that time, there will be some configuration and testing
time required in order to work out any unexpected issues that may arise. If
there are any planned outages for the phone service, we will make
announcements to alert subscribers about the time and duration of such
maintenance windows. We thank you for your patience while we work to restore
the service to its full potential.

National Federation of the Blind | nfb.org | 866-504-7300 |
nfbnewsline at nfb.org