[Tall-Corn] National convention and other news

Scott Van Gorp svangorp at nfbi.org
Mon May 6 23:23:17 UTC 2019

Good Evening Fellow Federationists:

If you've listened to this month's presidential release,  you know that
convention rooms are filling up fast. At last report, the room block was 90%
full. If you have not made your reservation, do it today before they're all
gone!

Here are some kea dates to keep in mind:

.        May 15th: financial assistance decision letters will be sent to
those who will be receiving affiliate assistance for convention.

.        May 31st: Preregistration for national convention closes.

.        June 1: Deadline to cancel a hotel reservation and still get half
the room deposit refunded. Any cancellations after this date will not have
the deposit refunded.

Many of you have asked about state convention. I hope to get details
finalized in the coming days, and once I have them, I will share them and
get our convention organizing committee in place to start the planning
process. This will be my first time planning something like this, so bear
with me as I go through it.

In other news, I am currently at the Seeing Eye in Morristown New Jersey
training with a new dog. I will be happy to respond to things as they come
up, so please don't hesitate to contact me. Meanwhile, I'll send needed
updates as I can.

I am still looking for someone to help organize the affiliate exhibit table
at convention. If you are willing to help please get in touch with me as
soon as possible so we can start to set things up. If you are interested in
working at the exhibit table, please also get in touch with me.

Lastly, we are nearing  the finish line for Iowa to receive membership
coins. Thanks to Michael Barber for helping to get the last pieces of
information together. Once I have received what I need, I will send it to
the national organization and arrange to get the coins shipped out. The
national organization has given affiliates a deadline of May 15th to get
everything turned in so we can get things ready for national convention, and
I am confident we will meet this deadline.

I believe that is all of the updates I have for now. Please feel free to
reach out if there are any other questions or concerns and I'll do what I
can to help. When I return from class, I'm confident that we will be able to
continue the momentum that has been started. Thank you all for your support,
and let's go build the national Federation of   the Blind of Iowa!

 <mailto:svangorp at nfbi.org> Email

 <http://www.nfbi.org/> Website

<https://www.facebook.com/National-Federation-Of-the-Blind-Of-Iowa-372681823
082570/posts> Facebook
 <https://twitter.com/nfb_iowa> Twitter
Live the life you want.

The National Federation of the Blind of Iowa is a community of members and
friends who believe in the hopes and dreams of the nation's blind. Every day
we work together to help blind people live the lives they want.