[Tall-Corn] FW: Courtesy Copy: Job Posting - Vocational Rehabilitation Teacher
Janice.Eggers at blind.state.ia.us
Fri Apr 24 20:14:59 UTC 2020
Having trouble viewing this email? View it in your browser here<https://content.govdelivery.com/accounts/IACIO/bulletins/2884b55>
[Iowa Department for the Blind]
Vocational Rehabilitation Teacher<https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/iowa/jobs/2769988/vocational-rehabilitation-teacher?department%5B0%5D=131+Iowa+Department+for+the+Blind&pagetype=jobOpportunitiesJobs&sort=PositionTitle%7CAscending&utm_medium=email&utm_source=govdelivery>
Education and Training Division
Location: Des Moines, IA
Salary Minimum: $49,691.20
Salary Maximum: $75,691.20
Job Type: Full-time
Agency: 131 Iowa Department for the Blind
Job Number: 20-02568
Post Close Date: May 19, 2020
Pointe of Contact: Helen Stevens<mailto:helen.stevens at blind.state.ia.us>
To Apply: For consideration please submit your resume, and cover letter to Helen Stevens Education and Training Director Iowa Department for the Blind 524 4th Street Des Moines, IA 50309-2364 helen.stevens at blind.state.ia.us<mailto:helen.stevens at blind.state.ia.us>
This is a non-merit position with the Iowa Department for the Blind. Candidates must follow the instructions in the "To Apply" section.
Positions in this class are exempt from the screening and referral requirements of the Iowa Department of Administrative Services - Human Resources Enterprise.
The Iowa Department for the Blind (IDB) is seeking energetic and passionate applicants for a teaching position that will promote IDB's mission, vision and values through teaching blindness skills to youth and adults across Iowa. Ideal candidates will possess a strong teaching ability and a belief in the capacity of blind persons. IDB can provide training in the specific blindness skills areas listed if needed.
Duties and responsibilities to include the following:
* Teach blindness skills, including but not limited to braille, cane travel, home and personal management, and access technology, to vocational rehabilitation clients, individually and in groups, including pre-employment transition services for clients and potentially eligible students ages 14-21. Provide regular written reports documenting training, and communicate regularly with vocational rehabilitation counselors regarding client progress and concerns.
* Evaluate the skill level and training needs of vocational rehabilitation clients and potentially eligible students. Provide reports documenting strengths, weaknesses and training recommendations to clients, counselors and IEP teams as appropriate.
* Assist in developing and implementing group trainings for vocational rehabilitation clients and potentially eligible students such as youth weekend retreats.
* Assist in developing assessments and training curricula for use with clients.
* Assist in developing and provide training to service providers including paraprofessionals, in working with blind persons in a manner that supports skill development and fosters independence.
Essential functions of this position:
* Produce clear written reports on client training sessions
* Read and write contracted braille
* Teach clients to utilize the contracted braille code proficiently; including the use of English grammar, spelling and sentence structure.
* Independently travel (using a long white cane under sleep shades)
* Teach clients to travel using a long white cane
* It is the policy of the Department for the Blind to conduct background checks on all finalist candidates prior to any offer of employment.
Minimum Qualification Requirements
Graduation from an accredited college or university with a degree in human service-oriented sciences, education, marketing or business and experience equal to three years of full time professional work;
the equivalent of three years of full-time experience as a rehabilitation counselor or teacher shall be considered as qualifying provided the employee has successfully completed training to meet the certification criteria established by the agency;
an equivalent combination of education and experience, substituting the equivalent of one year of full-time professional work experience for each year of the required education to a maximum substitution of four years.
For additional information, please click on this link to view the job description.<https://das.iowa.gov/sites/default/files/hr/documents/class_and_pay/JobClassDescriptions/SeniorServicesSpecialistfortheBlind1-41151.pdf?utm_medium=email&utm_source=govdelivery> (Download PDF reader)<https://get.adobe.com/reader/?utm_medium=email&utm_source=govdelivery>
[A proud partner of the american job center network]
E-mail: information at blind.state.ia.us<mailto:information at blind.state.ia.us>
Iowa Department for the Blind
524 Fourth Street
Des Moines, IA 50309-2364
Stay Connected with the Iowa Department for the Blind:
[Facebook]<https://www.facebook.com/idbonline/?utm_medium=email&utm_source=govdelivery> [Twitter] <https://twitter.com/idbonline?utm_medium=email&utm_source=govdelivery> [Blog] <https://blind.iowa.gov/newsroom/blogs?utm_medium=email&utm_source=govdelivery> [Youtube] <https://www.youtube.com/user/IDBonline?utm_medium=email&utm_source=govdelivery> [Govdelivery] <https://public.govdelivery.com/accounts/IACIO/subscriber/topics?qsp=IACIO_30>
Manage Subscriptions<https://public.govdelivery.com/accounts/IACIO/subscriber/edit?preferences=true#tab1> Help<https://subscriberhelp.govdelivery.com/> [Bookmark and Share] <https://content.govdelivery.com/accounts/IACIO/bulletins/2884b55?reqfrom=share>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Tall-Corn