[Tall-Corn] FW: [Nfbnet-members-list] Legislative Alert 8-3-2020

Scott Van Gorp svangorp at nfbi.org
Tue Aug 4 03:12:57 UTC 2020

Good Evening Federation Family:

See below for some very important legislative updates. We need to continue to gather support in the House for the Access Technology Affordability act. We also need to encourage our senators to pass Sami’s Law, H.R. 4686 which would increase protections for those who use ride sharing apps. Finally, we must take action to protect blind and other disabled workers from losing ADA protections under ADA Title I and III as part of S. 4317, the Safe To Work act. Please see John’s explanation of the issues below, and please feel free to reach out if there are any questions!

Email <mailto:svangorp at nfbi.org>

 <http://www.nfbi.org/> Website
 <https://www.facebook.com/National-Federation-Of-the-Blind-Of-Iowa-372681823082570/posts> Facebook
 <https://twitter.com/nfb_iowa> Twitter
Live the life you want.

The National Federation of the Blind of Iowa is a community of members and friends who believe in the hopes and dreams of the nation’s blind. Every day we work together to help blind people live the lives they want.