[Tall-Corn] FW: Courtesy Copy: Job Posting - Vocational Rehabilitation Counselor
Janice.Eggers at blind.state.ia.us
Fri Mar 27 14:34:25 UTC 2020
This is a courtesy copy of an email bulletin sent by Janice Eggers - DFB.
This bulletin was sent to the following groups of people:
Subscribers of DFB_JobPostings (839 recipients)
Having trouble viewing this email? View it in your browser here<https://content.govdelivery.com/accounts/IACIO/bulletins/2838612>
[Iowa Department for the Blind logo]
Vocational Rehabilitation Counselor <https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/iowa/jobs/2757505/vocational-rehabilitation-counselor?department%5B0%5D=131+Iowa+Department+for+the+Blind&pagetype=jobOpportunitiesJobs&sort=PositionTitle%7CAscending&utm_medium=email&utm_source=govdelivery>
Vocational Rehabilitation Division
Location: East/Southeast Iowa, with flexibility to allow domicile in any one of these counties: Scott, Muscatine, Louisa or Des Moines
Salary Minimum: $49,691.20
Salary Maximum: $75,691.20
Post Close Date: April 16, 2020
This is a non-merit position with the Iowa Department for the Blind.
Only applicants who meet the Minimum Qualification Requirements and meet all selective requirements will be placed on the eligible list.
The Department for the Blind (IDB) is seeking applicants for the position of Senior Services Specialist for the Blind 1/ Vocational Rehabilitation Counselor. The position will be statewide with regional assignment focus in East/Southeast Iowa, with flexibility to allow domicile in any one of these counties: Scott, Muscatine, Louisa or Des Moines.
Following successful completion of training and orientation in Polk County, the position will require a home-based office with travel required.
This position is responsible for assisting clients who are blind or have vision loss to obtain, maintain or advance in employment. The position provides counseling and guidance and ensures that clients receive training in the alternative techniques of blindness in order for an individual to make a positive adjustment to blindness and successfully pursue vocational goals.
Duties and responsibilities to include the following areas:
* Independently prioritize workload to maximize effective utilization of time, resources, and agency assets. This position covers a territory of several counties in central Iowa and requires frequent travel.
* Submit necessary reports, case recordings, authorizations, and correspondence in a timely and accurate manner.
* Maintain client files and other records in an organized and specified format.
Application and Eligibility Determination
* Interview applicant, consult with family, and contact other sources such as ophthalmologists, community partners, and employers to procure visual, medical, psychological, social and educational information.
* Determines eligibility for services, assesses vocational, social and medical needs through appropriate testing and medical reports.
Plan Development/Counseling and Guidance/Plan Implementation
* Provide guidance and counseling regarding client's personal and vocational adjustment throughout the rehabilitation process.
* Assist clients through informed choice in determining appropriate vocational goals and serves as a resource for clients seeking information regarding employment and employment goals.
* Maintains a working knowledge of assistive technology and reasonable accommodations.
Employer Development and related duties:
* Assist clients to obtain an employment outcome using a variety of job development and job placement strategies including contacting employers, assessing employers' needs, and providing resources and education to employers and clients.
* Counsel and guide clients in the establishment of self-employment goals.
Public Awareness and Education
* Advocate, consult, advise, educate, mediate, and intercede with service providers, employers, and the general public.
* Develop and maintain referral sources by providing information and resources through personal contacts, written communication and presentations.
It is the policy of the Department for the Blind to conduct background checks on all finalist candidates prior to any offer of employment.
257 Career Development Counseling
6 months' experience at the high school or college level or in the public or private sector such as Iowa Workforce
Development or an employment agency. In the case of the latter, must have experience analyzing and assessing applicants' work and education history and applying it to career goals.
* Must possess broad knowledge of postsecondary education and/or job training infrastructure.
* Must be able to communicate with program participants of varying academic and vocational abilities
752 Vocational Rehabilitation
6 months' experience, 12 semester hours, or a combination of both that specifically relates to employment and training services for individuals with disabilities. That knowledge base will include an awareness of the unique needs of this population, laws relating to discrimination or reasonable accommodations, assistive technology, and an understanding of employment and training systems and services, especially as provided in Iowa.
Minimum Qualification Requirements
Graduation from an accredited college or university with a degree in human service-oriented sciences, education, marketing or business and experience equal to three years of full time professional work;
the equivalent of three years of full-time experience as a rehabilitation counselor or teacher shall be considered as qualifying provided the employee has successfully completed training to meet the certification criteria established by the agency;
an equivalent combination of education and experience, substituting the equivalent of one year of full-time professional work experience for each year of the required education to a maximum substitution of four years.
For additional information, please click on this link to view the job description.<https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/iowa/jobs/2757505/vocational-rehabilitation-counselor?department%5B0%5D=131+Iowa+Department+for+the+Blind&pagetype=jobOpportunitiesJobs&sort=PositionTitle%7CAscending&utm_medium=email&utm_source=govdelivery> (Download PDF reader)<https://get.adobe.com/reader/?utm_medium=email&utm_source=govdelivery>
Keri Osterhaus at Keri.Osterhaus at blind.state.ia.us<mailto:Keri.Osterhaus at blind.state.ia.us>
[A proud partner of the american job center network]
E-mail: information at blind.state.ia.us<mailto:information at blind.state.ia.us>
Iowa Department for the Blind
524 Fourth Street
Des Moines, IA 50309-2364
Stay Connected with the Iowa Department for the Blind:
[Facebook]<https://www.facebook.com/idbonline/?utm_medium=email&utm_source=govdelivery> [Twitter] <https://twitter.com/idbonline?utm_medium=email&utm_source=govdelivery> [Blog] <https://blind.iowa.gov/newsroom/blogs?utm_medium=email&utm_source=govdelivery> [Youtube] <https://www.youtube.com/user/IDBonline?utm_medium=email&utm_source=govdelivery> [Govdelivery] <https://public.govdelivery.com/accounts/IACIO/subscriber/topics?qsp=IACIO_30>
Manage Subscriptions<https://public.govdelivery.com/accounts/IACIO/subscriber/edit?preferences=true#tab1> Help<https://subscriberhelp.govdelivery.com/> [Bookmark and Share] <https://content.govdelivery.com/accounts/IACIO/bulletins/2838612?reqfrom=share>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Tall-Corn