[Tall-Corn] FW: [Nfbnet-members-list] 2020 Blind and Low-Vision Voter Survey Now Open

Richard nf5b at mediacombb.net
Mon Nov 9 16:24:56 UTC 2020

Greetings everyone,

Bob mentioned my issues with accessible voting at my polling place in West
burlington which I discussed a bit during our recent state convention.

I am happy to note that this time it was as simple as falling off a log.
I walked the four blocks to my polling place, arriving there at 9:15 a.m.
To my surprise, the machine was set up where somebody couldn't shoulder
surf me while I marked my ballot, and the local polling place officials
already had all access codes and other info necessary to boot up the
accessible machine.

Also, the software performed adequately, even allowing me to "cut to hte
chase" and get through the process and out the door in less than twenty
minutes.

In other words, my local election officials knew that at least two of us
in this precinct would wish to use the system, were prepared to meet our
needs without a half hour of screwing around and shuffling our feet.
Voting this time was simple and efficient.

Regards,

Richard