[Tall-Corn] State Convention Registration Reminders!

Scott Van Gorp svangorp at nfbi.org
Thu Oct 8 01:18:16 UTC 2020

Good Evening Federation Family:

Here are a few registration reminders for the upcoming convention of the
National Federation of the Blind of Iowa October 30 and 31. The convention
will be held anywhere and everywhere!

Registration and convention information can be found at

www.nfbi.org/convention <http://www.nfbi.org/convention>

Online and mail in registrations are due by October 16, 2020 in order to get
all of the information needed to verify membership and set up the voting
system we will be using. If you are mailing in your registration with a
check, please get those in sooner rather than later so that we have time to
get the information needed!

If you choose to enroll your phone number for voting outside of the
registration forms, you can go to

www.nfbvote.org <http://www.nfbvote.org>

and enroll there. That portal closes tomorrow, October 8, so don't delay!
Otherwise, we will use the phone number provided on your registration form
to verify voting status. As a reminder, enrolling to vote does not register
you for convention, but registering for convention does entitle you to vote
so long as you are a member in good standing.

If you are interested in running for any of the 5 officer or 2 board
positions up for election this year, please contact our nominating committee
Chair, Bob Ray. He can be reached by email at

rjray at q.com <mailto:rjray at q.com>

and his phone number is 515-334-7231.

If you have resolutions to submit for consideration at the convention,
please contact our resolutions committee chair, Michael Barber. You can
reach him by email at

m.barber817 at gmail.com <mailto:m.barber817 at gmail.com>

or by phone at 515-284-1569.

Our convention coordinator this year is Cindy Ray. If you need to reach her
on convention matters, she can be reached by email at

cindyray at gmail.com <mailto:cindyray at gmail.com>

  or by phone at 515-334-7231.

Chelsea Page will be handling door prizes for this year's convention and
more information about how door prizes will be handled and her contact
information will be coming out separately, so stay tuned!

The agenda is coming along nicely and it should be available soon, so stay
tuned for that. I hope you're all looking forward to this year's convention
and all it has to offer! If you have any questions, please feel free to
reach out. In the meantime, let's get ready for a great convention!

 <mailto:svangorp at nfbi.org> Email

 <http://www.nfbi.org/> Website

<https://www.facebook.com/National-Federation-Of-the-Blind-Of-Iowa-372681823
082570/posts> Facebook
 <https://twitter.com/nfb_iowa> Twitter
Live the life you want.

The National Federation of the Blind of Iowa is a community of members and
friends who believe in the hopes and dreams of the nation's blind. Every day
we work together to help blind people live the lives they want.