[Tall-Corn] Affiliate update for February 24, 2021

Scott Van Gorp svangorp at nfbi.org
Thu Feb 25 02:07:32 UTC 2021

Good Evening Federation Family:

It is with very mixed emotions that I write to inform all of you that two
dear friends and members of the Des Moines chapter will be leaving Iowa very
soon. Joe and Sharonda Goode will be moving back to Arizona to help support
family members facing various health challenges. This weekend will be their
last weekend in Iowa as they will be flying out on March 2. Even though they
will no longer physically be here, they are still a valued part of the Iowa
affiliate. Sharonda will continue to serve on both the Des Moines chapter
and affiliate boards. Joe will support her and us in whatever way he can.
They will both be involved in chapter meetings, the How To Tuesdays, and all
of the things that have drawn them to, and made them an important part of
the work we do in Iowa. They have assured me that they will make regular
visits back to Iowa to continue connecting with the many friends they have
made here. While we are sad to see them go, we know their love for the
Federation and for their friends here in Iowa is as strong as ever, and
their longing to be with family during this time is equally as strong and
important. Joe and Sharonda, may you continue to build the Federation in
Iowa, and may you also spread that wonderful Federation spirit to your
Arizona family and friends. We are all family, and we look forward to
continuing to be there with you and for you as you begin this next chapter
in your lives.

 <mailto:svangorp at nfbi.org> Email

 <http://www.nfbi.org/> Website

<https://www.facebook.com/National-Federation-Of-the-Blind-Of-Iowa-372681823
082570/posts> Facebook
 <https://twitter.com/nfb_iowa> Twitter
Live the life you want.

The National Federation of the Blind of Iowa is a community of members and
friends who believe in the hopes and dreams of the nation's blind. Every day
we work together to help blind people live the lives they want.