[Tall-Corn] Save the date - 2021 convention of the National Federation of the Blind of Iowa

Scott Van Gorp svangorp at nfbi.org
Sun Jun 13 22:56:46 UTC 2021

Good Evening Federation Family:

Save the date! The 2021 convention of the National Federation of the Blind
of Iowa will take place October 1st and 2nd, 2021. The location will be
anywhere and everywhere! That's right, we will be hosting our second virtual
convention, and it promises to be a great one, but it can only happen if you
are there! So, make your plans to attend!  More information will be coming
about convention, but here are a few things to know as you make your plans.

First, if you have any items you would like to see on the convention agenda,
please get those to me as soon as possible as planning is already underway!
Cindy Ray is our convention coordinator again this year, so you can also
contact her with convention related questions. She can be reached by phone
at 515-334-7231 or by email at cindyray at gmail.com
<mailto:cindyray at gmail.com>

Second, we are in need of door prizes. Cash or cash equivalent prizes are
preferred, but if you choose to contribute a physical prize, it will be on
you to get it to the winners when we provide the information. More
information on how and when to submit prizes will come later. Chelsea Van
Gorp will be handling prizes again this year.

Finally, I would like to get convention committees nailed down within the
next few weeks if possible. The two main committees we need are the
nominating committee and the resolutions committee. We will also need people
to assist with Zoom hosting, voting, and likely other convention related
tasks as they come up. If you are interested in serving in any of these
capacities, please get in touch with me and I'll work to find a spot for you
to serve!

More information on registration and other items will be posted on our
website in the coming weeks after the site has gone through a rebuilding
project, so stay tuned and we'll keep you posted! Let's make the 2021
convention of the National Federation of the Blind of Iowa one to remember
for years to come!

 <mailto:svangorp at nfbi.org> Email

 <http://www.nfbi.org/> Website

<https://www.facebook.com/National-Federation-Of-the-Blind-Of-Iowa-372681823
082570/posts> Facebook
 <https://twitter.com/nfb_iowa> Twitter
Live the life you want.

The National Federation of the Blind of Iowa is a community of members and
friends who believe in the hopes and dreams of the nation's blind. Every day
we work together to help blind people live the lives they want.