[Tall-Corn] Fwd: Celebrating Blind Equality Achievement Month

Wade Hemmelrick cheeriosandv8 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 25 11:55:50 UTC 2021

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: "Mark Riccobono, President of the National Federation of the
Blind" <IOF at nfb.org>
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2021 12:17:02 +0000
Subject: Celebrating Blind Equality Achievement Month
To: Wade Hemmelrick <cheeriosandv8 at gmail.com>

 		 [1]

IMAGINEERING OUR FUTURE

-------------------------

PRESIDENT'S MESSAGE

I thought I knew what the word "blind" meant until I met the members of the
National Federation of the Blind. Now I use the word with confidence and
back it up with actions. Read more from President Riccobono [2].

WE EXPECT EMPLOYMENT

"The employment committee is near and dear to me because I am one of those
individuals that ended up placed in a sheltered workshop. But I knew I
wanted something different…" More about employment initiatives [3].

LATEST NEWS AT THE NFB

Generous gift matching opportunity for Blind Equality Achievement Month,
Jacobus tenBroek Disability Law Symposium set for March 2022, and Total
Permanent Disability Student Loan Discharge Program FAQs available. Read
more news [4].

TAKE ACTION THIS MONTH

Contribute toward the matching gift opportunity in October, participate in
Blind Equality Achievement Month activities, and more. Learn how you can
get involved this month [5].

IMPORTANT DATES

Accessibility seminar, Where the Blind Work, White Cane Awareness Day, and
more. Don't miss these upcoming events, workshops, and celebrations. Add
these important dates to your calendar [6].

Read the complete issue online [2].

characteristic that defines blind people or their future. Every day we
raise the expectations of and for blind people, because low expectations
create obstacles between blind people and our dreams. We can live the lives
we want; blindness is not what holds us back. Please join us in our work by
becoming a member, attending an event, sharing this newsletter, or
supporting our programs.

 		 [7]
 		 [8]
 		 [9]
 		 [10]

 		 [11]

 		 National Federation of the Blind | 200 E Wells Street | Baltimore, MD
21230 | 410-659-9314

 		 Unsubscribe [12] | Opt Out [13] | Sign Up for Our E-newsletter [14]

 		 200 East Wells St.
Baltimore, 21230
United States
..