[Tall-Corn] State convention updates!

Scott Van Gorp svangorp at nfbi.org
Thu Sep 2 01:43:32 UTC 2021

Good Evening Federation Family:

It is hard to believe, but our 2021 convention of the National Federation of
the Blind of Iowa is just one month away on October 1st and 2nd, 2021! I've
got a few updates in this message and I'll have more coming soon.

First, I'll talk about registration. Attached is the word version of our
2021 registration form which people can use if they're going to be mailing
in their registrations and paying by check. The cost of registration is $15
again this year. If you wish to donate over and above that amount, you are
welcome to do so. Please have your paper registrations and checks postmarked
no later than September 15, 2021 if possible so that we can get them in time
to process the registrations and get you entered for door prizes! The online
version of the registration form is being migrated to the new nfbi.org
website and should be available soon. Online registration will close on
September 27, 2021. We will let you know when that form is available.

We are working on updating the door prize letter with information for this
year and will have that out by the end of this week. If you are interested
in helping our door prize coordinator, Chelsea Van Gorp, please email her at

cvangorp at nfbi.org <mailto:cvangorp at nfbi.org>

or call her at 601-618-5170. One thing she is looking for help with is
writing the names of prize winners. We are looking to see what we can do to
simplify the drawing process as well.

We have committees that need people. If you are interested in chairing or
being on the resolutions committee, please contact me with your interest. We
will need resolutions submitted in final form by September 20, 2021 so that
they can be reviewed before the committee meeting on October 1. If you are
interested in possibly helping with some Zoom hosting duties, please contact
Chelsea Van Gorp, affiliate Zoom coordinator, at the information above. We
have some hosts already in place, but I'd like to make sure we have some
people to back them up just in case we need them. Finally, I have some ideas
for people for the nominating committee, but if you have an interest in
serving on that committee, please contact me or the committee chair, Bob
Ray, by email at

bray at nfbi.org <mailto:bray at nfbi.org>

or by phone at 515-334-7231.

Our convention coordinator this year is Cindy Ray. If you have questions
related to convention matters, please email her at

cray at nfbi.org <mailto:cray at nfbi.org>

or cindyray at gmail.com <mailto:cindyray at gmail.com>

or call her at 515-334-7231.

We do not have a national rep assigned yet, but as soon as I have that
information, I'll pass it along.

I think that's all I have for the moment. If you have any questions or
suggestions, please feel free to let me know! Let's make this a great
convention, and let's go build the National Federation of the Blind of Iowa
and the National Federation of the Blind!

 <mailto:svangorp at nfbi.org> Email

 <http://www.nfbi.org/> Website

<https://www.facebook.com/National-Federation-Of-the-Blind-Of-Iowa-372681823
082570/posts> Facebook
 <https://twitter.com/nfb_iowa> Twitter
Live the life you want.

The National Federation of the Blind of Iowa is a community of members and
friends who believe in the hopes and dreams of the nation's blind. Every day
we work together to help blind people live the lives they want.