[Tall-Corn] Friends of Library Gifts

Don Wirth don.wirth at gmail.com
Tue Feb 1 21:41:30 UTC 2022

The Friends of the Library for the BLind and Physically Handicapped
would like to thank Scott Van Gorp and NFBI for allowing us to send
this message.

Are you a patron of the Iowa Library for the Blind and Print Disabled
(The Library)?  Do you have a few dollars to support the Library?
Well, the Friends of the Library want to hear from you.

The Library serves hundreds of Iowans who cannot read normal print
material.  The Friends provide annual support to assist the Library in
providing services that would not be available by relying on just
normal funding sources.  Recent purchases that the donations from the
Friends enabled include the Youth corner refurbishing; Kindle readers
for talking book narrators to use remotely; and supporting the Braille
Challenge.

The Friends have been making a $12,000 donation for each of the past
several years.  It is our goal to make a similar donation this year
and into the future.

Here is where you can help with those extra dollars I mentioned
earlier.  We started this year’s member drive in November.  We hope to
wrap it up by the end of February.  Your contribution now will help us
make our goal.
And, we have an incentive for new members (defined as any one who has
not made a contribution during the last 2 years) and those who became
first time members last year.  The Friends board has developed a pool
of matching funds that will provide an additional $20 for every gift
from these folks.  Contributions must be at the $20 membership level
or greater.  Contributions must be made by February 28.

You can make a contribution by filling out the attached membership
card and returning it with your payment to Friends of the Library for
the Blind
PO Box 93046
Des Moines, IA 50393-3046

Or, going to the Friends website IAFriendsLibraryfortheBlind.org and
hitting the donate button to pay with a credit card or PayPal account.

Thanks for reading and for your consideration.

Don Wirth
Vice Chair

Friends of the Library for the Blind and Physically Handicapped