[Tall-Corn] FW: [State-Affiliate-Leadership-List] Washington Seminar fact Sheets and Training Schedule

Scott Van Gorp svangorp at nfbi.org
Wed Jan 5 03:36:25 UTC 2022

Good Evening Federation Family:

Below is the email that has the location of this year’s legislative fact sheets and the Washington Seminar training schedule. If you are planning to attend congressional meetings this year, I would strongly encourage you to attend one of the trainings and at least one of the mock meetings. If we need to do additional meetings as an affiliate, please let me know so that I can get them set up. All times for the meetings will be 7PM central time. Also, I still need a coordinator for the virtual team once the meetings are set up with our congressional delegation. If you are interested in this task, please reach out to me as soon as possible!

Email <mailto:svangorp at nfbi.org>

 <http://www.nfbi.org/> Website
 <https://www.facebook.com/National-Federation-Of-the-Blind-Of-Iowa-372681823082570/posts> Facebook
 <https://twitter.com/nfb_iowa> Twitter
Live the life you want.

The National Federation of the Blind of Iowa is a community of members and friends who believe in the hopes and dreams of the nation’s blind. Every day we work together to help blind people live the lives they want.

Sent: Thursday, December 30, 2021 11:04 AM
Subject: [State-Affiliate-Leadership-List] Washington Seminar fact Sheets and Training Schedule

Dear Affiliate Presidents and Legislative Directors:

The Washington Seminar fact sheets are now available in Word and HTML formats on the Washington Seminar Priorities Page <https://nfb.org/programs-services/advocacy/washington-seminar/washington-seminar-priorities>  of our website. We will be adding downloadable BRF files and audio soon.

We will be conducting issues training on Monday, January 10 and Wednesday, January 12. This will be the exact same meeting held twice. You only need to attend once, but may attend both times if you think that would be helpful.

We will be conducting mock meetings on Wednesday, January 19 and Monday, January 24. The January 24 meeting will be a repeat of the January 19 meeting. Folks are asked to attend one of the two mock meeting sessions but are also welcome to attend both if they think that would be helpful.

All meetings will be from 8:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. EST. All four meetings will have the same Zoom credentials which can be found below.

Join Zoom Meeting
https://zoom.us/j/7567531013

Meeting ID: 756 753 1013
One tap mobile
+13017158592,,7567531013# US (Washington DC)
+16468769923,,7567531013# US (New York)

Dial by your location
        +1 301 715 8592 US (Washington DC)
        +1 646 876 9923 US (New York)
        +1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
        +1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)
        +1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma)
        +1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)
        +1 408 638 0968 US (San Jose)
Meeting ID: 756 753 1013
Find your local number: https://zoom.us/u/ad0eO8pXgx

Join by Skype for Business
https://zoom.us/skype/7567531013

Please feel free to forward this invitation to anyone who will be presenting at Washington Seminar whether in person or virtually.

I look forward to working with you in 2022!

Warm regards,

John

John G. Paré Jr.

Executive Director for Advocacy and Policy

200 East Wells Street, Baltimore, MD 21230

(410) 659-9314, extension 2218 | Jpare at nfb.org <mailto:Jpare at nfb.org>

 <https://nfb.org/>

                          <http://www.facebook.com/nationalfederationoftheblind>      <https://twitter.com/NFB_Voice>      <https://www.youtube.com/NationsBlind>