[Tall-Corn] It’s time for state convention!!!

Wade Hemmelrick cheeriosandv8 at gmail.com
Sat Mar 4 17:59:00 UTC 2023

Hello Richard,

When it comes to deciphering other people's scribblings, I can
honestly relate. While holding back any negative criticism, I also
comment with patience, understanding, and grace, especially as others
are still acclimating to using a smart phone device. By the way, blind
folks are not the only "misspellers." I read newspaper and online
television articles that would cause my former high school
typing/journalism teacher to roll in her grave. In my younger years,
typing was the most despised subject. In the past, as others were
enjoying video games, online shopping, and related Internet
activities, I mastered word processing from my keyboard. In college, I
had a computer instructor who kept scolding her students: "No
clicking, please." Out of respect, I restrained my smart remarks of
"Then put down that mouse and take notes on your computer keyboard."
To this day, I still open Word to compose important writings for
manually proofreading and using the spellchecker. Without judging
somebody as being drunk, I notice (through JAWS) their drunk sounding
lines. Braille is also a very good thing. Yes indeed, we the blind
people are also human, neither subhuman or superhuman. Our common
denominator of strengths and weaknesses is "average." I had a science
teacher who also served as the school technician. At the end of his
busy days, of course his emails sounded tired. Any wonder I always
gave him the benefit of the doubt? Sincerest apologies for my
excessive commentary. Time to get off my soap box and scoop some
detergent.

With best regards,

Wade Hemmelrick