[Tn-talk] Passing Resolutions

Alex heyitslu at gmail.com
Mon Aug 1 23:06:26 UTC 2011

Hello, James!  welcome to the list.  Unfortunately, this list does not
see much action.  I like your enthusiasm and willingness to learn the
processes used to make change happen within our organization and
within the community.  I am proud to be a Federationists and an
American.  One of the main reasons I applied for membership to the NFB
was to help change what it means to be blind in Tennessee.  I was very
excited at State Convention this year when we passed the resolution to
equalize the rights of blind parents in this State.  Understandably,
we are facing several obstacles in moving from the resolution stage to
the passage of a law protecting our rights to custody of our children,
but I have faith that as we march together, we will succeed.  I am
interested in learning more about the process of drafting a resolution
as well as making changes when needed to our State Constitution and
By-laws.  Did Dr. Maurer describe the steps that one should follow to
affect change?  I know you recently procured copies of the State
Constitution and By-laws.  Did you find something that you would like
to change?  Do you know how to go about affecting changes within the
organization?  I am curious to learn your thoughts on these matters.

Cheers,
Lucy