[Tn-talk] Passing Resolutions

James Brown jbrown321 at comcast.net
Tue Aug 2 16:27:21 UTC 2011

Hello List,

Lucy, I can only speak to the resolutions process on a national level.  The resolution first needs a sponsor to send it to the resolutions committee, which is made up of about 40 or so members.  It is typically larger in order to be more diverse and more representative. If the committee finds the resolution reasonable, then the committee will submit it to the assembly for debate and vote. Anyone may submit a resolution to the committee as long as they are a member, though typically, they are heads of divisions, affiliate presidents, or very involved members.

I would love to hear how it is done on a state level.  Perhaps, some articles could be written by Kim, Reggie, or some other capable members on these topics.  Feel free to correct me if I missed the mark.

Sincerely,
James Brown

Sent from my iPhone