[Tn-talk] Live the Life You Want!

Dwight Johnson dwightej7 at comcast.net
Fri Sep 12 18:55:21 UTC 2014

Live the life You Want

      The Live the Life You Want Leadership Training will take place October
10-12 at the Tennessee School for the Blind.  Registration cost is $50 and
includes lodging as well as 5 fantastic meals from dinner on Friday to
Breakfast on Sunday.  The main focus of the training will be to teach NFBTN
members how to be the kind of leaders that can coach other blind Tennesseans
in how to live the lives they want!

      Agenda:

      Friday, October 10

      5:00-6:00 PM: Live the Life You Want Registration

      Blue Roof Lobby

      6:00-7:00 PM: Dinner

      Main Cafeteria

      7:00-8:45 PM: Officer Breakout Sessions

      7:00-7:45 PM: Keeping the Books, How to effectively carry out the
office of Treasurer

      Evelyn Hogue, Treasurer, National Federation of the Blind of Tennessee

      Room to be determined

      7:00-7:45 PM: Who Needs Minutes, how to be a Great Secretary

      James Boehm. Secretary, National Federation of the Blind of Tennessee

      Room to be determined

      7:00-7:45 PM: Getting down with Robert's Rules, How to participate in
a Smooth Business Meeting

      Douglas Hall, Vice President, Memphis Chapter

      Room to be determined

      8:00-8:45 PM: Keeping the Books, How to effectively carry out the
office of Treasurer

      Evelyn Hogue, Treasurer, National Federation of the Blind of Tennessee

      Room to be determined

      8:00-8:45 PM: Who Needs Minutes, how to be a Great Secretary

      James Boehm. Secretary, National Federation of the Blind of Tennessee

      Room to be determined

      8:00-8:45 PM: Getting down with Robert's Rules, How to participate in
a Smooth Business Meeting

      Douglas Hall, Vice President, Memphis Chapter

      Room to be determined

      9:-midnight: Federation Beat Down, Goalball Tournament

      School Gymnasium

      9:-midnight: Blind Spades Tournament

      Room to be determined.

      Saturday, October 11

      8:00-8:45 AM: Breakfast

      Main Cafeteria

      9:00-noon: Live the Life You Want Kind of Leadership

      Main Auditorium

      James Brown, President

      National Federation of the Blind of Tennessee

      NFB's Core Values and Mission

      Tapping into Your President like Leadership Potential

      Leadership Types

      Invitation for Change

      10:00-noon: NFB Leadership, Texas Style

      Richie Flores, NFB of Texas 1st Senor,

      And Longtime Austin Texas Chapter President

      NFB Public Relations: New and Friendly Blind People is who we are
(networking)

      The Elevator speech: We are all of this and more (the 60-second NFB
spiel)

      The language of philosophy (intimate talk about blindness)

      Noon-12:45 PM: Break for Lunch

      Main Cafeteria

      1:00-2:00: NFBTN Affiliate Board Meeting

      Room to be determined

      2:00-5:00 PM: Part II, Live the Life You Want Kind of Leadership

      Main Auditorium

      Richie Flores, NFB of Texas 1st Senor,

      And Longtime Austin Texas Chapter President

      Understanding our individual talents and working toward success (group
exercise)

      Modeling, Chapter Meetings that Matter

      4:00-5:00 PM: Benefits of Strategic Planning and Creating Chapter
Calendars

      Terry Smith, Vice President

      National Federation of the Blind of Tennessee

      5:00-6:00 PM: Break for Dinner

      Main Cafeteria

      6:00-7:00 PM: Time to Break some Boards, Karate Kid

      I'd like the students to set this up.

      Try and get another good activity for this hour for an alternative
please folks add input.

      From 7:00 on we can swim and any other good stuff folks want to do.
Please add input.

      Sunday, October 12

      8:00-8:45 AM: Breakfast

               After breakfast, we can decide on a good place and those who
want to can all go to church together somewhere