[Tn-talk] would like information

Dewey redneckdewey at gmail.com
Sat Sep 13 22:13:28 UTC 2014

I live in Kansas City Missouri.

I'm going to be in Nashville the weekend of October 10th and 11th.

I'm looking for other blind people in Nashville, or know the City; I have a
couple of questions.

I'm coming in to visit the Grand Ole Opry, I have never been to Nashville
except for track meets at the TN school for the blind.

But I like to walk around and ride a bus in a City that I have never been
in, to check it out.

I would like to know what Nashville's zero points, how the street grid is
set up.

I am staying at the Days Inn Opryland on Music Valley Drive, by looking at
the addresses from there to the Ryman and the Opry house, it looks like it
is walkable, but I don't know the grid.

Also I will be at the Ernest Tub Texas Troubadour theater on Music Valley
Drive, for the midnight jamboree, that gets over at about 1:30 in the
morning on Sunday, by the address it looks like I can walk it rather than
paying for a cab, but I don't know if Music Valley Drive has sidewalks, if
it goes through, or if I would have to deal with interstate ramps.

I'm not shore how pedestrian friendly Nashville is.

Also I would like the name of a good cab company for when I am there; the
hotel shuttle is not going to pick me up at 1:30 in the morning.

And does the MTA buses go to the airport?

I like to compare other transit systems.

And I was told that the Opry house is not very blind friendly, that I would
need to find a guide, so any information or pointers anyone can give me
about Nashville would help, I would be grateful!

The most helpful thing would be to know how Music Valley Drive runs, does it
go North South, East West, or is it one of the weird running streets?

You can email me off the list

redneckdewey at gmail.com, and I thank you in advance!

I have wanted to go to the Grand Ole Opry all my life, and I want to check
out the City while I'm there.