[Tn-talk] the register for the blind

Dewey Bradley deweybradley at twc.com
Mon May 2 21:34:14 UTC 2016

I was looking at the services the state has for the blind, I was looking at
moving to Nashville.

My question for you folks is what is the register for the blind?

It doesn't say what the purpose of the law is, just by looking at it, I
don't see how that is even legal, does the state treat blind people like sex
offenders or something, or do they require us to live in the area they tell
us?

Just by looking at it, and the fact they don't explain why they have it,
that has to be invasion of privacy and unconstitutional, that is like being
required to be reported if you have red hair, or are black or gay.

So what is this law? And why is it there?

If they would explain what the point of it is, maybe it wouldn't come across
the way that I take it, how else am I supposed to take it, they require
people to report you to the state, I have never heard of anything like this.

I googled it, and all it pulled up is what is on the state website.

So if someone could explain this to me, I would appreciate it!

Thanks!